Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 06-01-2020, 14:19   #6256
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Oh the fun paying of our mortgage.

Mortgage - Natwest
Savings - Natwest
Current - Natwest.

Got a redemption statement to clear mortgage. That was the easiest bit.

Can we set up payment to move money from savings to mortgage in advance so payment just happens? Nope

Can we set up payment on day in question? Nope - bank holiday. Can't pay early as in deal and get hit with huge early payment charge.

Can we pay direct from savings account? Nope need to move to current account first.

Can we then pay using online banking - nope, amount exceeds allowed limits for transaction. So we pay off the oddments on the statement, then try to pay the remaining in chunks - nope - it's a daily limit in total.

Phone up and I get some guy who tries to add hundreds of pounds of interest to payment despite the redemption already covering interest to date ask for.

Eventually my wife gets through - first to the security team to remove the limit on transfers, then to an operator more clued in who puts through the rest of the amount.

Now checking accounts the big amount has cleared OK but the oddments are taken from current but not applied to mortgage. Another call and it's all fine.

I know the banks need to have checks and so forth but why so hard to pay off mortgage where moneys are in same bank? I'd have hoped we could simply asked them to up the Jan DD amount to take the balance, yes we'd still have to move money to current account but that bit was OK.
Old 06-01-2020, 16:43   #6257
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Oh the fun paying of our mortgage.

Mortgage - Natwest
Savings - Natwest
Current - Natwest.

Got a redemption statement to clear mortgage. That was the easiest bit.

Can we set up payment to move money from savings to mortgage in advance so payment just happens? Nope

Can we set up payment on day in question? Nope - bank holiday. Can't pay early as in deal and get hit with huge early payment charge.

Can we pay direct from savings account? Nope need to move to current account first.

Can we then pay using online banking - nope, amount exceeds allowed limits for transaction. So we pay off the oddments on the statement, then try to pay the remaining in chunks - nope - it's a daily limit in total.

Phone up and I get some guy who tries to add hundreds of pounds of interest to payment despite the redemption already covering interest to date ask for.

Eventually my wife gets through - first to the security team to remove the limit on transfers, then to an operator more clued in who puts through the rest of the amount.

Now checking accounts the big amount has cleared OK but the oddments are taken from current but not applied to mortgage. Another call and it's all fine.

I know the banks need to have checks and so forth but why so hard to pay off mortgage where moneys are in same bank? I'd have hoped we could simply asked them to up the Jan DD amount to take the balance, yes we'd still have to move money to current account but that bit was OK.
I had a similar problem with santander,i had retired from my job and thought i would pay off the mortgage [a year or so early] they tried to hit me with an early payement fee which doubled the amount i owed,it was clear they had no intention of letting me pay it off early without a large amount of financial pain, i decided to just carry on with the regular payements,when i paid off the mortgage the final payement should have been twenty something pounds to clear up the remaining debt but they still took a full months mortgage payement and i had to claim back my own money.

Last edited by papa smurf; 06-01-2020 at 17:36.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 18:52   #6258
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I came home from seeing my niece on here birthday, I was shivering.

I went to bed at 8pm on Thursday, and woke at 8am Saturday.

I slept for 36 hours.

still rough
Old 08-01-2020, 14:28   #6259
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I had a similar problem with santander,i had retired from my job and thought i would pay off the mortgage [a year or so early] they tried to hit me with an early payement fee which doubled the amount i owed,it was clear they had no intention of letting me pay it off early without a large amount of financial pain, i decided to just carry on with the regular payements,when i paid off the mortgage the final payement should have been twenty something pounds to clear up the remaining debt but they still took a full months mortgage payement and i had to claim back my own money.
2 letters from Natwest today
First is change of interest (now on standard rate)
Second is they have received the bigger payment and we now owe the smaller amount and the new monthly rate.

They have taken our old normal amount but that was expected and they should pay back any extra moohlah!
Old 08-01-2020, 16:42   #6260
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Fed up with this horrible Virus. Choked up lifeless chest infection, This is my second lot of antibiotics. Has this since Boxing Day, surely it must ease up soon,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 18:15   #6261
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

We keep getting a message from the Cisco VHD box that a free upgrade to Tivo can be ordered on-line as some features (Which we don't use) will not be available. I've tried this several times and part way through I get "Oops something went wrong"* and to phone up. Can't they get anything right?

No way am I phoning VM. I should be able to do this on-line without talking to Bagra Bob.

*Meaning we didn't bother to test this properly and it's borked.
Old 08-01-2020, 20:52   #6262
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
We keep getting a message from the Cisco VHD box that a free upgrade to Tivo can be ordered on-line as some features (Which we don't use) will not be available. I've tried this several times and part way through I get "Oops something went wrong"* and to phone up. Can't they get anything right?

No way am I phoning VM. I should be able to do this on-line without talking to Bagra Bob.

*Meaning we didn't bother to test this properly and it's borked.
Try phoning 8am.
Old 13-01-2020, 07:09   #6263
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Fed up with this horrible Virus. Choked up lifeless chest infection, This is my second lot of antibiotics. Has this since Boxing Day, surely it must ease up soon,

I can sympathise with you Nash, got the dreaded lurgy myself, no fun when you have COPD.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 16:34   #6264
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
I can sympathise with you Nash, got the dreaded lurgy myself, no fun when you have COPD.
Thanks Tinky, Thank God ,I am beginning to feel a bit better. It seems to be doing its rounds.
Old 14-01-2020, 04:38   #6265
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
That much be terrible Tinky as praise be to god no lurgy has come my way so far this winter.

l hope you and nash get better soon.

---------- Post added at 04:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

Quote:
l hope it does improve soon for you nash as there is nothing worse then feeling unwell over Christmas.
Old 14-01-2020, 06:30   #6266
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That much be terrible Tinky as praise be to god no lurgy has come my way so far this winter.

l hope you and nash get better soon.

---------- Post added at 04:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 ----------

l hope it does improve soon for you nash as there is nothing worse then feeling unwell over Christmas.

Thank you Den. And Nash that is a long time to have a virus, perhaps you could ask the Doc for antibiotics to clear it. If you can get an appointment that is.
Old 14-01-2020, 13:56   #6267
nashville
nashville

Thank the Lord ,I am just feeling back to normal , I had two lots of antibiotics and two cough bottles, I have never had a virus like this before and hope I never get another one.
Old 14-01-2020, 15:50   #6268
Tinky
To err is human

Prays be it will be along time before you have to endure this ghastly virus. I am hoping mine is on the way out too.
Old 14-01-2020, 15:57   #6269
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Prays be it will be along time before you have to endure this ghastly virus. I am hoping mine is on the way out too.
A few dry sunny days would not go amiss.
Old 15-01-2020, 16:49   #6270
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do doctors prescribe antibiotics for viruses?
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote