Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 04-12-2019, 19:23   #9481
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There have been positive first impressions from Amazon's Premiership coverage. I should imagine that the ability to switch off the commentators but still hear the sound of the stadium would have been very popular for some!

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/12/posi...r-amazons.html
I thought the picture quality was poorish. I could not work out whether it was in hd or sd but I suspect sd?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2019, 19:48   #9482
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I thought the picture quality was poorish. I could not work out whether it was in hd or sd but I suspect sd?
There was intermittent stuttering as well.
Old 04-12-2019, 20:19   #9483
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Wish they did that for all Martin Tyler's matches

I didn't have any issues with the coverage - although tonight has more matches.

He's the best in the business imo.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 20:56   #9484
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Any idea on how to turn the commentary off which i've been told is possible? Is this just on the web or can the v6 do it too?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 21:00   #9485
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Tried to watch Villa match on V6 tonight at 7.28 all I got was a blank screen. Worked last night. Good old PS3 with Amazon app on to the rescue (wired).
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 21:08   #9486
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

There was some stuttering early on but thankfully it has settled down for now.
Old 04-12-2019, 21:10   #9487
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

very good PQ here in UHD HDR for Liverpool v Everton game

Last edited by Dave42; 04-12-2019 at 21:14.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 21:24   #9488
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The stuttering has got terrible in the last minute.
Old 04-12-2019, 21:31   #9489
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

No V6 access still. Looks like a case of first come first served.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 21:32   #9490
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Any idea on how to turn the commentary off which i've been told is possible? Is this just on the web or can the v6 do it too?
Click on the speech bubble to change audio/subtitles.

I haven't been able to manage that on the V6, just on the website, and on the app on my tablet. The V6 is about a minute behind the website.

Last edited by newapollo; 04-12-2019 at 21:38.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 21:43   #9491
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
Click on the speech bubble to change audio/subtitles.

I haven't been able to manage that on the V6, just on the website, and on the app on my tablet. The V6 is about a minute behind the website.

l first noticed that Liverpool had scored by the flash up scoreline on SSN.
Old 04-12-2019, 22:07   #9492
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l first noticed that Liverpool had scored by the flash up scoreline on SSN.
The red card in last night's games was referenced on Twitter a full minute ahead of broadcast.

Now that may be adequate for us old fashioned types, sitting in our slippers smoking pipes might just be watching on our tellybox in the corner of the room waiting on the post once a day and messages from carrier pigeon. However, I think "yoofs" these days use iPads and what's app to exchange correspondence on a far more frequent basis.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 22:09   #9493
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
No V6 access still. Looks like a case of first come first served.
So there is an arbitrary limit on the number of streams?

PQ may be good on UHD matches, but the rest are not up to scratch and too many stutters, motion problems etc.

Not impressed, reminds me of watching BT matches streamed to a large TV through a friends laptop - can only watch for a few minutes as the above problems abound.

If this is the future, heaven help those who expect better - and to top it all you cannot record it (or at least I haven't found a way)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:14   #9494
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Watched the Liverpool v Everton match last night and overall it was a well put together program but again the picture quality was not good. I`m on a 30 day free trial,watching through my smart tv app but I doubt I will take up a subsription once the 30 days are up as I only got it to watch the football.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2019, 02:05   #9495
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I think we can say goodbye to Box Nation soon - the company is in liquidation.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07486715
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote