Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Deals for exisiting customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Deals for exisiting customers

Old 28-11-2019, 17:48   #16
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Deals for exisiting customers

Ok so I have sorted a new 12 month deal.

Was on VIP bundle (Sky Sports & Cinema HD) with 350Mb BB and talk anytime phone. 3 boxes (2 v6 and an older Tivo box). I was paying £96 pm as recently as July but the bill has steadily gone up to £112 pm this month.

I was armed with Sky's Q experience bundle black friday 50% off sale info and VM's ultimate ooomph £79pm offer.

Spoke to several VM staff and got differing amounts from virtually all of them. Stumbling block seems to be having a 3rd box when negotiating deals.

Best deal I got is keeping my existing package as it is and getting a free swap of a 3rd v6 box to replace the Tivo.

£101 per month. I had hoped for more but have saved £11 pm (£132 per year)
so better than nowt.

Best offer i got for the ooomph package with 3 boxes was £110 pm. Unlimited data sim was tempting and would have saved me a few quid a month on my mobile phone (not currently on Virgin) but decided to keep my mobile phone and tv/bb/landline contracts separate.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-11-2019, 18:36   #17
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
I got my friend, mum & I all the Ultimate Oomph for £99, every year I phone up and get the latest top package for £99ish, sometimes it's easy and it's one phone call like it was for my friend and I, but doing my mothers took at least 5 calls to get through to the right person to do it

Did you get UK for all of the calls and if so what sort of times did you ring (just that recently some people were indicating retentions had gone overseas).
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 19:31   #18
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Did you get UK for all of the calls and if so what sort of times did you ring (just that recently some people were indicating retentions had gone overseas).
2,o clock Monday afternoon unquestionably the call centre was in Scotland could hear more than one voice all Scottish
Old 28-11-2019, 19:44   #19
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
2,o clock Monday afternoon unquestionably the call centre was in Scotland could hear more than one voice all Scottish

Thanks, that's good news. Been meaning to have a "chat" for a while.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 21:22   #20
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

j didnt get much offered when i called up. with the line rental saving going and the recent rises, my bill is upto £72 and thats with some loyalty discounts.

they did add sky sports HD for an extra £18, which i took for the darts and its not a contract extension. so it gives me some time to look at BT fibre and freesat as our contract runs out next month.

i dont want more stuff like sky cinema or a second box or 350, i just dont want to pay more and more and more!
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 21:29   #21
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I don't know why in this day and age they keep pushing the phone and line rental, I could do without it as we all have mobiles.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 21:34   #22
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I don't know why in this day and age they keep pushing the phone and line rental, I could do without it as we all have mobiles.
No choice here MM as the data goes from the monitor down to the phone line through to the hospital.

l know what you mean though as the line rental is expensive.
Old 28-11-2019, 21:36   #23
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
drives me up the wall. I use neither, but I have no choice but to pay for it.

i recall BT back in the day said there was no demand for ADSL without a phone contract, so didnt feel they needed to offer it.

yeah because it wasnt even an option!
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 22:12   #24
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
drives me up the wall. I use neither, but I have no choice but to pay for it.

i recall BT back in the day said there was no demand for ADSL without a phone contract, so didnt feel they needed to offer it.

yeah because it wasnt even an option!
You might be grateful for that land line one day if there's an emergency and you've run out of battery/have no signal.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 23:53   #25
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Because in effect, it's a connectivity fee.
Old 29-11-2019, 08:22   #26
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You might be grateful for that land line one day if there's an emergency and you've run out of battery/have no signal.
No use if they've no phone to plug into it.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 08:28   #27
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
No use if they've no phone to plug into it.
Seems silly not to get one if you have a live land line, only a few quid from Argos. Get a corded phone too, wireless are no good if the power goes.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2019, 11:06   #28
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Seems silly not to get one if you have a live land line, only a few quid from Argos. Get a corded phone too, wireless are no good if the power goes.
Guess it's worth pointing out that the Hub based lines don't work if the power goes.

However Virgin Media will provide an backup unit for customers with the Hub based home phone that allows calls to the emergency services if needed.
Old 29-11-2019, 20:33   #29
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Was paying £99 for "free" phone calls, top BB and TV without sports / movies. Seven months ago was offered Movies for free for 6 months. When that expired i cancelled it. Two weeks later offered Sky Sports (not HD), Movies and SIM with 5Gb data a month for an extra £3pm. Now paying £102pm.

I would suggest not opting out of VM's marketing calls......you never know what you may be offered!!
MrP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 18:35   #30
livelysprite
cf.member

livelysprite is on a distinguished roadlivelysprite is on a distinguished road

My package was m50 broadband upgraded to m100 free and landline talk weekends. Up till today I was paying £39.50 with a £5 loyalty discount. My discount is due to end soon, so I contacted retentions and he said my package is £49.50 and could give it to me for £41.50 for 18 months. But how come? My package is £39.50 without the £5 loyality discount is £44.50. It seems he has increased the price of my current package to £49.50 and then discounted it to £41.50.

Last edited by livelysprite; 01-10-2020 at 18:55.
livelysprite is offline   Reply With Quote