Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:36   #6706
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why would Apple not want to be? They have made it clear they want to be on as many platforms as possible. That is the key to success. Of course.
Can you provide a source and quote?

They don’t even have an Android app which is odd for a streamer. I can’t find any indication it’s on any traditional TV platform anywhere in the world.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2019, 14:54   #6707
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Well, Virgin and Liberty Global were clear they wanted to be content aggregators.
And yet Apple aren’t there at launch. There are various possible reasons why. Discussing them here would be mere speculation. But that’s very much the point some of us have been making to you for ages. You seem to think these things are self evident, but the evidence of this week is that they are not self evident; they are rather more complex than you seem willing to entertain.
Old 04-11-2019, 17:09   #6708
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The latest name in Sky's other areas is Sky X in Austria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Well, that's a easy one: Peacock, their NBC/Universal streamer to launch. But what happened to Sky Q aka full Sky's full IPTV for the UK?
Sky X and Peacock is NOT the name Media Boy HQ has seen.

We want to see more info from our Sources before we reveal.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 04-11-2019, 17:13   #6709
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Sky X is the name of the IPTV service, in the regions it's already launched.
Old 04-11-2019, 17:45   #6710
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky X and Peacock is NOT the name Media Boy HQ has seen.

We want to see more info from our Sources before we reveal.
Seriously dude ... you’re a he, not a we, and your HQ is your house. Props and all for wanting to reveal news about virgin media but let’s not get carried away, eh?
Old 05-11-2019, 11:45   #6711
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

XF
Old 05-11-2019, 12:07   #6712
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I think this is the answer to those concerned about forking out shedloads of money for new streaming services. The new Peacock service will be free to all, supported by advertising.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2019...-free-for-all/

I have been advocating lately that many streamers will offer both an advertising and subscription option and I think this would work for everyone.

However, I guess there will always be those that offer free ad-supported services only (like this one) and those offering subscription only (like Netflix).
Old 05-11-2019, 13:08   #6713
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I think this is the answer to those concerned about forking out shedloads of money for new streaming services. The new Peacock service will be free to all, supported by advertising.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2019...-free-for-all/

I have been advocating lately that many streamers will offer both an advertising and subscription option and I think this would work for everyone.

However, I guess there will always be those that offer free ad-supported services only (like this one) and those offering subscription only (like Netflix).
Old news that was announced ages ago although to be fair the part about the possibility of offering everybody the ad supported service is new I suppose.
Old 05-11-2019, 15:32   #6714
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Old news that was announced ages ago although to be fair the part about the possibility of offering everybody the ad supported service is new I suppose.
That was the part I was referring to. Originally, it looked as though Peacock might only nbe available to Sky satellite and Now TV customers.

However, it did also prompt my observation that this was a good indication that some major streamers might be free, given reports from some forum members that they were concerned about mounting subscription costs as new streamers launched.
Old 05-11-2019, 15:56   #6715
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
That was the part I was referring to. Originally, it looked as though Peacock might only nbe available to Sky satellite and Now TV customers.

However, it did also prompt my observation that this was a good indication that some major streamers might be free, given reports from some forum members that they were concerned about mounting subscription costs as new streamers launched.
NBCUniversal have already stated they can receive around $5 per subscriber from advertising which seems a pretty good move to me it also gives them a huge customer base.
Old 05-11-2019, 18:34   #6716
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
NBCUniversal have already stated they can receive around $5 per subscriber from advertising which seems a pretty good move to me it also gives them a huge customer base.
I agree, but they would attract even more viewers if they also had a subscription model.

Speaking for both myself and my wife, I would certainly watch the ad-free subscription version, but not the free one with unskippable advertisements. I am sure we are not the only ones to say that.
Old 05-11-2019, 18:56   #6717
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
XF
Does that mean Comcast are going to launch their xfinity service here?
Old 05-11-2019, 19:03   #6718
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Does that mean Comcast are going to launch their xfinity service here?
xfinity Flex
https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex
Old 05-11-2019, 22:42   #6719
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

This is interesting

https://advanced-television.com/2019...ve-with-canal/
Old 05-11-2019, 23:12   #6720
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

I’ve just signed to a 30-day trial for BritBox. Does anyone know if it’s still in beta testing? If yes, please can I have a rough date for an official launch.
Closed Thread