Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

UK & EU Agree Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2019, 13:55   #406
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I've scanned over the full reading this morning (however not at any particular depth) and it condemns his actions severely. The unanimous decision more so....
It was the impact of the prorogation that was being criticised.
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2019, 14:00   #407
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Of course he's not 'corrupt'! Talk about over-egging it!

Yes, it had the 'effect' of frustrating parliament. As for 'reasonable justification, I assume that Boris thought it was reasonable because of the conference season and the Queen's Speech. You can argue that he was wrong in that belief, but calling it corruption is typical of the inappropriate language being used in this debate.
Absolute and utter twaddle

His advice to the Queen was UNLAWFUL he is quite simply corrupt.

He has been weighed, he has been measured & he has been found wanting.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, which is precisely what his actions in this matter have been

Last edited by mrmistoffelees; 24-09-2019 at 14:05. Reason: correcting tense....
Old 24-09-2019, 14:01   #408
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Of course he's not 'corrupt'! Talk about over-egging it!

Yes, it had the 'effect' of frustrating parliament. As for 'reasonable justification, I assume that Boris thought it was reasonable because of the conference season and the Queen's Speech. You can argue that he was wrong in that belief, but calling it corruption is typical of the inappropriate language being used in this debate.
Of course he is corrupt. He tried to exploit a process to close down Parliament to avoid scrutiny. As judged by the highest court in this land.

The work of a tin pot dictator.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:01   #409
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I don't see anything corrupt about offering firms substantial handouts to move from the UK to the EU, nope, nothing at all
What sort of country would do that?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...-land-15790370
Quote:
The UK government has awarded Jaguar Land Rover £11.5 million in state aid since the Brexit referendum

The British government has awarded Jaguar Land Rover more than £11 million in state aid since the UK decided to leave the European Union.

Business Secretary Greg Clark denied claims he was “desperately having to throw money” at worried carmakers to stay in the UK because of Brexit.

It comes after Mr Clark confirmed the Government had offered Japanese carmaker Nissan £61 million on condition that it built its X-Trail model at a plant in Sunderland...

...The European Commission website also shows that Aston Martin Lagonda, based in Gaydon, Warwickshire, received £5.8 million via the Welsh government in August 2017. The firm is building a factory in south Wales.

Aston Martin Lagonda also received £1.2 million to support research and development in the West Midlands, in March 2017.

Other firms to receive support include Toyota, Ford and BMW.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:04   #410
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
exploit a process
oh, same as has been going on by certain politicians and parties to thwart something else then . .
Old 24-09-2019, 14:04   #411
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
'The Court is bound to conclude, therefore, that the decision to advise Her Majesty to prorogue Parliament was unlawful because it had the effect of frustrating or preventing the ability of Parliament to carry out its constitutional functions without reasonable justification.

It's there, in black and white. Your beloved Boris attempted to subvert and stop due democratic process from occurring. If that's not corrupt then i don't know what is ?
Excuse me, he is not my Beloved Boris, I didn't vote for him and he was not my choice for PM, so less of this tone.

Secondly, I have not passed any personal view, other than I expected this kind of judgement.

Thirdly, Governments are tested all the time on the law, it does not make them corrupt, this is the basis of checks and balances within our unwritten "Constitution", to stop them acting in a corrupt way. So you are also indeed wrong.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:05   #412
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, which is precisely what his actions in this matter has been
Has the advice he gave to the Queen been published? I don't think it has, so how can anyone say that?

It was the impact of the prorogation that made the decision unlawful not the reasons behind it.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:10   #413
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Of course he is corrupt. He tried to exploit a process to close down Parliament to avoid scrutiny. As judged by the highest court in this land.

The work of a tin pot dictator.
More rubbish.

Words in rulings matter - no mention of the word corrupt was used. Stop telling lies.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Quote:

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, which is precisely what his actions in this matter have been
Yes the twaddle from you is coming thick and fast today.

No he is not corrupt, the court did not use such wordings in in the rulings, which matters a damn lot.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:14   #414
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Excuse me, he is not my Beloved Boris, I didn't vote for him and he was not my choice for PM, so less of this tone.

Secondly, I have not passed any personal view, other than I expected this kind of judgement.

Thirdly, Governments are tested all the time on the law, it does not make them corrupt, this is the basis of checks and balances within our unwritten "Constitution", to stop them acting in a corrupt way. So you are also indeed wrong.
1) I apologise & withdraw that part of my comment
2) If they are found guilty of either breaking the law or acting unlawfully, then imho they're corrupt

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote:
Has the advice he gave to the Queen been published? I don't think it has, so how can anyone say that?

It was the impact of the prorogation that made the decision unlawful not the reasons behind it.
These are Lady Hales words, read the transcript of the judgement !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote:
More rubbish.

Words in rulings matter - no mention of the word corrupt was used. Stop telling lies.

No he is not corrupt, the court did not use such wordings in in the rulings, which matters a damn lot.

So, therefore by your logic someone who acts unlawfully can be considered trustworthy?

Is that right?

A simple yes or no will do.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:18   #415
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

PM Boris Johnson first comments on the Supreme Court ruling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-49807552

Quote:
PM Boris Johnson said:"Obviously this is a verdict we will respect, we will respect the judicial process.
Quote:
"I don't think that it's right, but we will go ahead and of course Parliament will come back.
Quote:
Asked if he would apologise, Mr Johnson said he did not think the ruling was "the right decision".
Old 24-09-2019, 14:19   #416
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
1) I apologise & withdraw that part of my comment
2) If they are found guilty of either breaking the law or acting unlawfully, then imho they're corrupt

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

These are Lady Hales words, read the transcript of the judgement !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

So, therefore by your logic someone who acts unlawfully can be considered trustworthy?

Is that right?

A simple yes or no will do.
Boris made an unwise political decision that has now been ruled unlawful, that does not make him corrupt.

I was shocked he made this move when it was announced that Parliament was going to be prorogued and I just knew, those on the Remain side, fighting tooth and nail would rally against him through the courts and they did and they won.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:22   #417
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
More rubbish.

It's hardly lies. You clearly don't know the definition of corrupt if you can't see the link.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:23   #418
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Has anyone said how long future prorogation's can be ?
Old 24-09-2019, 14:27   #419
mrmistoffelees

Quote:
Boris made an unwise political decision that has now been ruled unlawful, that does not make him corrupt.

I was shocked he made this move when it was announced that Parliament was going to be prorogued and I just knew, those on the Remain side, fighting tooth and nail would rally against him through the courts and they did and they won.
Does your first statement not suggest a level of ineptitude?

As i see it we have (in my view) either a corrupt politician who deliberately tried to stop parliament from performing due process. Or, we have an inept politician incapable of performing his duties to the standard required.
Old 24-09-2019, 14:29   #420
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It's hardly lies. You clearly don't know the definition of corrupt if you can't see the link.
There is no link.

Again, for your benefit, the SC did not say in their ruling that he lied, they stopped short of ruling him doing this, they said there was no justifiable reasons for the prorogation, in Lady Hale's own words, "Blank sheet of paper", that to me doesn't say Boris lied.

So stop trying to throw the corruption label back on Boris because it does not wash, the EU is corrupt and undemocratic.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
Does your first statement not suggest a level of ineptitude?
It's Boris Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees
As i see it we have (in my view) either a corrupt politician who deliberately tried to stop parliament from performing due process. Or, we have an inept politician incapable of performing his duties to the standard required.
Sorry but I refer you back to the courts ruling, no mention of corrupt or lies. Words matter in rulings.
Closed Thread