Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | When is a discount not a discount?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

When is a discount not a discount?

Old 05-09-2019, 21:25   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
When is a discount not a discount?

On the 29th July I rang Virgin with the intention of leaving and returning to Sky.

Following a lengthy wait, I finally got through to 'retentions' where the operative asked me why I wanted to leave - I told him I couldn't afford the current price, he asked me to hold and came back a couple of minutes later with a 12 month discounted price of £94.25pm for 12 months from 28th August onwards.

I just thought, I haven't received an email with my payment amount recently, so I went to the website and accessed the bills section.

Lo and behold I am still paying the full amount for my package - the discount hasn't been applied.

To say I am livid is an understatement - I will have to phone them again tomorrow to find out why.

Is this normal behaviour for Virgin?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2019, 21:27   #2
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: When is a discount not a discount?

Phone this number mate.....0345-454-1111
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 21:33   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Looked at my contract which states I have a 4.50 discount for 6 months from 28th August - definitely not what I was promised.

Now I am more enraged!

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Phone this number mate.....0345-454-1111
MM - thanks for that - is this the complaints department?
Old 05-09-2019, 21:36   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Looked at my contract which states I have a 4.50 discount for 6 months from 28th August - definitely not what I was promised.

Now I am more enraged!

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

MM - thanks for that - is this the complaints department?
No I dont think it is mate, but I had a very good convo with the gentleman that I spoke to on this number, I got a really good deal and he said if you ever have any problems whatsoever, then ring this number, so maybe you could give it a try, no harm done.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 14:20   #5
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
No I dont think it is mate, but I had a very good convo with the gentleman that I spoke to on this number, I got a really good deal and he said if you ever have any problems whatsoever, then ring this number, so maybe you could give it a try, no harm done.
Tried that number, went through an automated menu then got cut off - rang 150 went through the same menu and after a long wait actually got to speak to someone (in India?). He says he has now actioned the promised discount, cannot send me an email to confirm but if I look online in a couple of days it will show on my account.

Hopefully he is correct but previous experience makes me wary.

Thanks for your help
Old 06-09-2019, 14:25   #6
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Tried that number, went through an automated menu then got cut off - rang 150 went through the same menu and after a long wait actually got to speak to someone (in India?). He says he has now actioned the promised discount, cannot send me an email to confirm but if I look online in a couple of days it will show on my account.

Hopefully he is correct but previous experience makes me wary.

Thanks for your help
When I've negotiated I get a confirmation e-mail (even when they've subsequently failed to implement it). If the discount still fails to happen you might want to try the official VM forum, someone there should be able to sort it out for you although it can take a few days for them to answer your query.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 14:49   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
When I've negotiated I get a confirmation e-mail (even when they've subsequently failed to implement it). If the discount still fails to happen you might want to try the official VM forum, someone there should be able to sort it out for you although it can take a few days for them to answer your query.
Both times I asked for an email confirming the discount - on both occasions I was told that isn't possible.

This is despite my account saying email sent.

I suspect the operative put me on hold to check the recording of the previous call as he was gone for a good 6 or 7 minutes.
Old 06-09-2019, 14:55   #8
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Both times I asked for an email confirming the discount - on both occasions I was told that isn't possible.

This is despite my account saying email sent.

I suspect the operative put me on hold to check the recording of the previous call as he was gone for a good 6 or 7 minutes.
They’re fibbing - I got an email confirming my discount, with a pdf showing the duration.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 15:59   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They’re fibbing - I got an email confirming my discount, with a pdf showing the duration.
Same here. The guy , in Customer Relations, who sorted the discount out for me even reminded me to make a note to contact VM a couple of weeks before the discount is due to expire so that I can renegotiate next year.
Old 06-09-2019, 21:49   #10
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Same here. The guy , in Customer Relations, who sorted the discount out for me even reminded me to make a note to contact VM a couple of weeks before the discount is due to expire so that I can renegotiate next year.
Obviously you cannot trust Virgin customer services - I will definitely be on to them again next week if it isn't correct.

Any one got a number for complaints (just in case I need it)?
Old 11-09-2019, 21:01   #11
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Obviously you cannot trust Virgin customer services - I will definitely be on to them again next week if it isn't correct.

Any one got a number for complaints (just in case I need it)?

Checked my account - nothing appears to have changed.

Anyone got a number for complaints - I definitely need it.
Old 11-09-2019, 21:37   #12
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Checked my account - nothing appears to have changed.

Anyone got a number for complaints - I definitely need it.

Seriously, try what I suggested about posting on the VM official forum. They have staff on there who will look into it for you. You'll have proof of your conversation as well. I used it when I had a similar (but more trivial) problem to good effect.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 22:40   #13
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Seriously, try what I suggested about posting on the VM official forum. They have staff on there who will look into it for you. You'll have proof of your conversation as well. I used it when I had a similar (but more trivial) problem to good effect.

Where do I find the VM official forum?
Old 12-09-2019, 23:16   #14
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

You can find the forum here... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums

You will need to join before posting.
Old 13-09-2019, 19:06   #15
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
You can find the forum here... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums

You will need to join before posting.
Thanks, did that this morning - had a PM from someone I assume is a Virgin employee which I replied to after work.

Hopefully I can get this resolved.