Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | OFCOM forcing some EPG changes for PSB channels on all platforms

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

OFCOM forcing some EPG changes for PSB channels on all platforms

Old 12-07-2019, 14:04   #16
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: OFCOM forcing some EPG changes for PSB channels on all platforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Normally I only look at favourites so it will make no difference . There again wish I could put Netflix at the top ! Have a Amazon sub but can not recall when I last looked at it .Really should cancel I guess.!
Hi Itshim,

I had the same wish to put Netflix first in favourites, I stumbled across a workaround that may help you.

Un-favourite all your apps using thumbs down I think
Re-favourite your apps in the order you want them to appear in the favourites folder.
Hey Presto

I did this some time ago so hopefully it still works after various software updates on the V6
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2019, 14:13   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Normally I only look at favourites so it will make no difference . There again wish I could put Netflix at the top ! Have a Amazon sub but can not recall when I last looked at it .Really should cancel I guess.!
Hi, Itshim. It might be worth your while waiting for the Amazon Prime app to be added this month or next. When it arrives, make a note of all the films/series that you like the sound of, and bookmark them in 'My Shows'. That way, the material that interests you will remain on your recordings lists until you have watched/deleted them.

I do that with Netflix and I have an incredible list of dramas and films so I will never be in a position where I have nothing to watch.

Although I do have a watch list on Prime at the moment, you only see it when you go into the app, so you forget they are there for much of the time! Much better having everything on just one box.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 19:04   #18
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Hi Itshim,

I had the same wish to put Netflix first in favourites, I stumbled across a workaround that may help you.

Un-favourite all your apps using thumbs down I think
Re-favourite your apps in the order you want them to appear in the favourites folder.
Hey Presto

I did this some time ago so hopefully it still works after various software updates on the V6
Thanks for the idea as I still have TiVo I find it's quicker to cast from my tablet , or even go in via smart TV . However it is the only app I have in favourites!
Old 12-07-2019, 19:29   #19
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Thanks for the idea as I still have TiVo I find it's quicker to cast from my tablet , or even go in via smart TV . However it is the only app I have in favourites!
When I had Netflix on my Tivo I found it faster just to type the channel number and Press Red. Maybe it isn't, but it felt the fastest.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 19:55   #20
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
When I had Netflix on my Tivo I found it faster just to type the channel number and Press Red. Maybe it isn't, but it felt the fastest.
It's more about the wait just to get it to open .just about instant on smart TV/tablet seems a life time on TiVo!
Old 19-07-2019, 19:58   #21
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
It's more about the wait just to get it to open .just about instant on smart TV/tablet seems a life time on TiVo!
I didn't find it too bad, however I've moved to a V6 box since then so I'd imagine it will be as zippy as iPlayer is on the newer hardware. I've not subbed since I upgraded though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 22:47   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I didn't find it too bad, however I've moved to a V6 box since then so I'd imagine it will be as zippy as iPlayer is on the newer hardware. I've not subbed since I upgraded though.
When I had my TiVo, it took afull minute to get to the Netflix page, but with the V6, it is pretty instant.

The BBC i-Player was absolutely dreadful on my TiVo!
Old 19-07-2019, 23:26   #23
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Same here takes for ever to load almost any app on TiVo. Not really an issue for me, I have more apps on my smart TV which load instantaneously.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 15:03   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
RXTVlog have posted a follow-up tweet with a photo of the table OFCOM made.
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1148500499261509632

In this context I think this will not be as disruptive to the VM EPG as I first thought. Seeing it like this I think it's easy to misinterpret, I don't think it is actually saying regional channels need better numbers on UK wide EPG everywhere, just in the regions they are aimed at. Which is of course more sensible.

BBC1 Wales HD is on Ch101 rather than 108 I believe, so is 108 empty in Wales? If so, surely VM could put S4C on 108 much like BBC Scotland channel is on 108 in Scotland and 162 elsewhere. The omission of BBC Scotland being mentioned on VM in this table I would interpret as OFCOM being happy with this type of arrangement.

Which means the only change OFCOM want that will be a problem on VM is BBC Alba. Making space for one channel rather than two is obviously much easier to do in the 1 and half years they have to implement it though.
Sorry thought I posted an answer but can't see it so sorry if it is here somewhere .No 108 is noti n use in Wales..Back to the floods and then back to Wales.No my home is fine .Time to make some money out of others problems ,well don't work for nothing!
Old 20-07-2019, 17:59   #25
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Bang on, much faster using the built in apps on a smart TV.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 22:08   #26
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Bang on, much faster using the built in apps on a smart TV.
Or, of course, a V6!
Old 20-07-2019, 22:25   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Or, of course, a V6!
Which is very quick at loading apps.