Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 18-07-2019, 17:03   #1336
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The OFCOM thing only needs Alba/S4C in Top 24, and probably only in their relevant markets. If 108 is empty in Wales, because 101 is HD (can someone in Wales confirm), that solves one of them. The table for OFCOM didn't mention BBC Scotland Channel so they must be OK with it being in 160s in rest of UK.
RXTVLog Reports:

Quote:
Welsh language broadcaster S4C will have to be given a higher slot on Virgin Media's UK-wide channel list by January 2021, so that it appears among the first 24 slots on the channel list.
Gaelic service BBC Alba will need to be found a higher slot on Virgin by 2021, so that it can be seen in the top 24 slots
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/07/how-...-you-find.html

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

FYI: BBC One Wales HD is on Virgin Channel 101 in Wales.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 18-07-2019 at 17:07.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2019, 17:12   #1337
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I cannot read minds, jfman. I merely stated that Virgin Media, being second only to Sky in terms of the number of subscribers on pay tv platforms, was correctly described as a major tv platform. BT, of course, comes in as a poor third.

If we do get SA programming through on demand, that would suit me fine, and would be a similar sort of arrangement as BT, but through box sets instead of a separate streaming service.

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

E!HD will be in there and this is confirmed in Virgin's press release. Sky Racing HD must be considered as a possibility although not specifically mentioned. I doubt we will get any +1 channels but cannot rule it out.
Ah we might get Sky Atlantic content on demand line. I remember that from carriage agreements past. Is there any room for anyone else to clutch on the end of that straw?
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 17:15   #1338
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Ah we might get Sky Atlantic content on demand line. I remember that from carriage agreements past. Is there any room for anyone else to clutch on the end of that straw?
l somehow doubt it personally.
Old 18-07-2019, 18:41   #1339
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
RXTVLog Reports:

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/07/how-...-you-find.html

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

FYI: BBC One Wales HD is on Virgin Channel 101 in Wales.
Thanks for the BBC1 Wales confirmation.

My point still stands.

Here is the RXTVlog tweet with a photo of the OFCOM table
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1148500499261509632

I draw your attention to the Impact On EPGs column.

There are only two mentions of Virgin Media in the table position covering four channels.

OFCOM only mention S4C and BBC Alba in the whole table in regards to Virgin Media. There is no reference to the BBC Scotland Channel. If they wanted the changes to mean all UK regions get all the regional services they would have said BBC Scotland Channel should be lower down on Virgin Media too, since it's on 162 in the rest of the UK. OFCOM not mentioning it suggests they are fine with it being on 162, and outwith the Top 24 for regions other than Scotland, where it is well within the Top 24 at 108.

If, for instance, Sky Basics services HD swapped and shuffled some services down, the current Sky 2, Sky Arts and Pick TV slots lay within the Top 24 and would satisfy the new OFCOM rules. I'm basically suggesting 109/110 won't need to be given over to Alba/S4C because of these OFCOM required changes.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 18:48   #1340
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
The OFCOM thing only needs Alba/S4C in Top 24, and probably only in their relevant markets. If 108 is empty in Wales, because 101 is HD (can someone in Wales confirm), that solves one of them. The table for OFCOM didn't mention BBC Scotland Channel so they must be OK with it being in 160s in rest of UK.
108 is not used in Wales .hope this answers your point .
Old 18-07-2019, 18:52   #1341
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
108 is not used in Wales .hope this answers your point .
Yes. Thanks.
Old 18-07-2019, 22:02   #1342
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
CDkeys is very good for Nowtv entertainment vouchers often they have 5 months for £22. https://www.cdkeys.com/top-up-cards/...t-5-month-pass
Thanks for the link, I'll give that a go when my current voucher runs out
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 22:51   #1343
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks for the BBC1 Wales confirmation.

My point still stands.

Here is the RXTVlog tweet with a photo of the OFCOM table
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1148500499261509632

I draw your attention to the Impact On EPGs column.

There are only two mentions of Virgin Media in the table position covering four channels.

OFCOM only mention S4C and BBC Alba in the whole table in regards to Virgin Media. There is no reference to the BBC Scotland Channel. If they wanted the changes to mean all UK regions get all the regional services they would have said BBC Scotland Channel should be lower down on Virgin Media too, since it's on 162 in the rest of the UK. OFCOM not mentioning it suggests they are fine with it being on 162, and outwith the Top 24 for regions other than Scotland, where it is well within the Top 24 at 108.

If, for instance, Sky Basics services HD swapped and shuffled some services down, the current Sky 2, Sky Arts and Pick TV slots lay within the Top 24 and would satisfy the new OFCOM rules. I'm basically suggesting 109/110 won't need to be given over to Alba/S4C because of these OFCOM required changes.
I was only on about BBC ALBA and S4C I did not even post anyway today about the BBC Scotland Channel (Outside Scotland) being moved to the top 24 slots by 2021.

Due to Takeovers so far in 2019 Media Boy HQ now think we will hear of new Virgin Media UK deals with Discovery and Disney soon.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Virgin Media has started an Red Button channel (Like YouTube) test for Prime Video ahead of it launch on Monday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 23:25   #1344
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Press release on today's announcement.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...d-the-industry
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 23:32   #1345
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Deals are getting more difficult these days since they managed to get eBay/Amazon to remove cheap voucher listings.

Although what really makes me laugh is the £10 2 month entertainment passes that are sold in supermarkets, better than paying £7.99 a month on the credit card.

That's what I do anyway
I'm getting the entertainment package for £3.49 per month....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 00:09   #1346
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I was only on about BBC ALBA and S4C I did not even post anyway today about the BBC Scotland Channel (Outside Scotland) being moved to the top 24 slots by 2021.

Due to Takeovers so far in 2019 Media Boy HQ now think we will hear of new Virgin Media UK deals with Discovery and Disney soon.

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Virgin Media has started an Red Button channel (Like YouTube) test for Prime Video ahead of it launch on Monday.
I know you hadn't mentioned BBC Scotland Channel today, I was using it as an example of how OFCOM were clearly happy with the dual number solution on VM (since they didn't mention it) and that a similar solution would mean a drastic upheaval wouldn't be required to accommodate it.
Old 19-07-2019, 04:43   #1347
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm getting the entertainment package for £3.49 per month....
You can get it for less then that when you tell them you are cancelling.
Old 19-07-2019, 07:07   #1348
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

I see that Amazon Prime video will launch on Monday

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...29-fullhouse-A
Old 19-07-2019, 07:28   #1349
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Yes, might. I wouldn't put it any stronger than that. The press release says:

An expanded catalogue of boxsets from Sky’s hit TV shows such as Jamestown, The Reluctant Landlord and the forthcoming comedy Brassic.

Increased on demand rights meaning that customers can delve deeper into Sky’s collection of films, shows and sports events

I just wonder what they mean by 'an expanded catalogue of box sets' and what 'delve deeper into Sky's collection' means. We already have access to the shows on Sky One, Sky Witness and Sky Arts, so what is this other material?

I notice that when they give examples of the kind of shows they mean, those examples are all Sky One shows, so I won't hold my breath.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 08:04   #1350
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

If Virgin Media were getting any Sky Atlantic content we wouldn't be debating ambiguous phrasing of press releases.

Virgin would be shouting it from the rooftops. The greatest combined phone, broadband, TV and mobile package the world has ever seen - £99 a month including Sky Atlantic, BT Sport...

Sky needs to have something to differentiate it's product from Virgin because like for like the Virgin package is far superior at almost every price point.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote