Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 31-05-2019, 09:10   #946
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Only question about the pictures is - when were they dated? We know that Amazon Prime was tested on the V6 and VM was keen to launch but Liberty Global wanted to get more involved in the negotiations so its launch was delayed.
Pictures have previously been circulated showing Amazon on the V6 - see this one here which is quite old as it includes the World Box app.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2019, 09:43   #947
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Amazon app coming to TiVo is a wonderful addition. Hope it comes out soon. When we just need sky Atlantic and we can then shut this place down as it’s done
It should be just weeks away now, I think, Vince.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 10:19   #948
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

No, I agree with Max. Saying that you know something but you can't reveal what it is for over six months is not worth posting because it doesn't mean anything by itself. If there was some additional indication that could be given (eg it's a new TV channel, or it's an upgrade in PQ or it's a streaming service), now that would be worth posting.

But 'I know a secret and I ain't gonna tell' is not helpful. Better to say nowt.

By the way, that's not a criticism of MB, it is just making a helpful observation.
Yours and Max's opinion which l greatly respect but there are many more on here who are happy with whatever MB decides to post on this forum and who don't try to get on at him which l think is pretty unfair as he does his best and should be praised at the end of the day instead of being criticised sometimes.
Old 31-05-2019, 13:20   #949
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

I am wondering if VM are going to remove the SD versions of Sky Sports as the following text is showing in the screen grab from DigitalBitRate, under the label WorldCupHD extended event.
Quote:
Sky Sports HD is now only available on the Virgin TV V6 and TiVo boxes. For further information visit www.virginmedia.com/v6upgrade
The url leads to an error page.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 13:22   #950
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It looks to me more like Sky Sports HD is to be removed from any non V6/TiVo boxes. A sure sign that these legacy STB's are to be discontinued.

Do VM customers in Scotland have either STV +1 or an ITV +1 channel? I ask because on Sky they have neither, but are at least able to manually tune in ITV +1 (which cannot be done on VM).

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 31-05-2019 at 13:25.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 13:31   #951
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It looks to me more like Sky Sports HD is to be removed from any non V6/TiVo boxes. A sure sign that these legacy STB's are to be discontinued.

Do VM customers in Scotland have either STV +1 or an ITV +1 channel? I ask because on Sky they have neither, but are at least able to manually tune in ITV +1 (which cannot be done on VM).
We have STV+1 on 114 on VM. We've had it for what seems forever.

It's on Freeview up here too. Odd that Sky don't, I thought they did.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 13:34   #952
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Channel 114 is STV+1 in Scotland.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 14:15   #953
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
I am wondering if VM are going to remove the SD versions of Sky Sports as the following text is showing in the screen grab from DigitalBitRate, under the label WorldCupHD extended event. The url leads to an error page.
This is very old news. All Sky Sports HD subscribers had their non-TiVo boxes swapped out long ago. The URL used to go to a page where they could book the box swap.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 14:50   #954
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yours and Max's opinion which l greatly respect but there are many more on here who are happy with whatever MB decides to post on this forum and who don't try to get on at him which l think is pretty unfair as he does his best and should be praised at the end of the day instead of being criticised sometimes.
Den, I and others have thanked MB for his revelations in the past. We are simply pointing out that a DNP order with no detail or suggestion as to the kind of development it is cannot be of any use to anybody.

It is not a criticism, it is a helpful suggestion to avoid upsetting people and inviting responses such as 'What the ****?'
Old 31-05-2019, 20:08   #955
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
We have STV+1 on 114 on VM. We've had it for what seems forever.

It's on Freeview up here too. Odd that Sky don't, I thought they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Channel 114 is STV+1 in Scotland.
Thanks. Didn't VM do a deal with STV? If so, perhaps this is why we have it and Sky don't. Having said that, I thought i'd read that shortly afterwards Sky had done a deal with them too
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 20:46   #956
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks. Didn't VM do a deal with STV? If so, perhaps this is why we have it and Sky don't. Having said that, I thought i'd read that shortly afterwards Sky had done a deal with them too
STV +1 tested for a few years on satellite and never joined any EPG but could be tuned manually IIRC there was a dispute with the shared cost of the slot with ITV as it wasn’t a part of the public service obligations.

Sky has done a deal with STV with regards to regional STV HD services but they are encrypted so Freesat users anywhere in Scotland only have STV HD Glasgow variant.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:41   #957
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

I hope the security on the Amazon App is good. Someone hacking my Netflix account I can live with but Amazon prime is another beast and all that comes with it. Access to my music, photos, purchasing just about anything. What will the app actually do. Just purchase and view streaming?
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 18:42   #958
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
I hope the security on the Amazon App is good. Someone hacking my Netflix account I can live with but Amazon prime is another beast and all that comes with it. Access to my music, photos, purchasing just about anything. What will the app actually do. Just purchase and view streaming?
The app gives you access to the streaming service including Amazon channels. Nothing to worry about!
Old 01-06-2019, 19:01   #959
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The app gives you access to the streaming service including Amazon channels. Nothing to worry about!
The channels? Wouldn't have thought VM would allow those as they carry many of them already via their own agreements.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 19:29   #960
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The channels? Wouldn't have thought VM would allow those as they carry many of them already via their own agreements.
It appears that they have done so. I don't think they need to worry. It is cheaper via VM and you get additional channels to boot.