Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 25-04-2019, 10:27   #5206
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Attached Images
File Type: gif 5CA86CAB-4A06-4A08-968D-7FD6D84D454E.gif (237.1 KB, 86 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2019, 11:14   #5207
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I'm not in the country so can't see until Sunday
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 15:40   #5208
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

don't worry dude, it is worth the wait. The best thing you can do make sure you have already got your return visit booked because you are going to want to see it again.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 16:29   #5209
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Booked in to see it Sunday morning which is the first time I can...

Staying off social media until then - too many people out there that take delight in spoiling stuff.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 13:38   #5210
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Endgame - 8.5/10 (no spoilers).

Too many plot holes and parts that were just a bit too stupid. Saw it on Imax 3D which was excellent but even though the CGI was excellent the CGI often made the characters look weird and miniaturized which spoiled it a bit. Well worth watching but Infinity wars was better.
Old 15-05-2019, 17:40   #5211
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum: 8/10

These films just get better and better. Fantastic action scenes, new creative ways on how to kill and the world expands with many new characters and new locations. Really really enjoyable and they are obviously planning for a fourth.

If you enjoyed 1 and 2 this is a must see.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:41   #5212
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw FIRST BLOOD 2 (1985) on VHS

Its OK..... i like the first one much better!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 17:27   #5213
General Maximus
Ran Away

Aladdin (2019): 7/10

A lot better than I was expecting it to be in every regard. Story wise it is pretty much a complete copy of the screenplay of the animated version with a few minor additions, so you know what is coming every step of the way. The music and songs were excellent and they cast Aladdin and Jasmine perfectly, they literally couldn't have been any better. The only disappointment with the film was Will Smith; his singing was better than I was expecting however it still sounded flat in places and lacked the bravado of Robin Williams. It isn't about trying to copy Robin Williams, I think they just could have done better than Will Smith. He is Aladdin's genie to Beauty and the Beast's Belle. If it wasn't for him I would have given it 8/10.

This is a must see for any fan.
Old 05-06-2019, 17:49   #5214
General Maximus
Ran Away

X-men: Dark Phoenix: 6/10

This is a hard one because despite many peoples feelings over previous x-men films including the original trilogy, I have loved all of them up and till now and thoroughly enjoyed them. This one felt like something was missing. I got the impression that they felt like it was the fourth film in the franchise so they didn't need to spend any time on the characters and just focus on the action and special effects. It left the film feeling very hollow.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:05   #5215
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

X-Men Last Stand and Apocalypse were the ones I disliked the most.

However from seeing trailers this one's feels like s bad TV movie. Don't know what it is but just doesn't sit right.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:06   #5216
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The reviews are absolutely slating it as well.
Old 07-06-2019, 00:26   #5217
General Maximus
Ran Away

It's a shame because as I have said many a time before with other bad films, I don't understand how with all the people involved somebody at the script read through stage doesn't say "this isn't good enough and we need to build the story more and do build on the characters". I know some directors like to story board everything first as well and that is another opportunity for it to come out. It just think it is a damn shame that an entire xmen film has been wasted. I need a job as a film purifier or something (and sometimes tv) so I can catch this stuff early on and get them to fix it.
Old 24-06-2019, 18:38   #5218
General Maximus
Ran Away

Toy Story 4: 8/10

Fantastic animation as you would expect from Pixar and a lovely story. The one niggle I have with it is that it wasn't anywhere as humorous as the previous instalments in the franchise and I put it down to the fact that they have had to introduce some new characters and move away from the core group in order to do something new and different.

Brightburn: 4/10

Don't watch this unless you like your horror films. This is pure horror and only very loosely scifi/superman related. It suffers from a double whammy of weak story because it isn't an official DC film so they can't even start to give some depth to the Superman story arc and secondly as it is a pure horror it is all about the fear factor and nothing else. I spent the entire film waiting for the inevitable demise of the 6 or 7 people you are introduced to and wondering what colourful way they will be despatched. I shall finish as I started and say this isn't worth watching at all unless you are into your horror films.
Old 24-06-2019, 21:01   #5219
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Toy Story 4 - 9/10.

I thought it was great. I also thought it was pretty funny but it's been a while since I saw previous instalments so I don't know if it's as funny. The 'Plush Rush' stuff was amazing though.

Rocketman 8/10

I thought this was unexpectedly quite good. More cohesive than Bohemian Rhapsody and also with a better use of the music. I thought Taron Egerton was better as Elton John that Rami Malek was as Freddie Mercury, with the latter it always seemed like someone doing a good impression of Mercury but with Egerton I sort of forgot it's a performance.
Old 25-06-2019, 16:17   #5220
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Toy Story 4

I pretty much agree with this, except I give it 7/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Fantastic animation as you would expect from Pixar and a lovely story. The one niggle I have with it is that it wasn't anywhere as humorous as the previous instalments in the franchise and I put it down to the fact that they have had to introduce some new characters and move away from the core group in order to do something new and different.

Im off to see Dark Pheonix later today, so we'll see how that goes.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote