Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 15-04-2019, 19:27   #601
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Liberty Global has said on Twitter to Media Boy Sources that "Horizon 4 UI on the V6 box" should be with us on Virgin Media UK by the end of the year.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2019, 19:31   #602
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Liberty Global has said on Twitter to Media Boy Sources that "Horizon 4 UI on the V6 box" should be with us on Virgin Media UK by the end of the year.
Very interesting if that is the case..
Old 15-04-2019, 20:05   #603
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Though it this was coming soon to virgin media not changes to video compression
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 10:26   #604
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
The changes in the past have been noticed whilst looking for new channels on the Digital Bit Rate website, and they were rare enough, until fairly recently, to just mention in passing.

Given they have increased greatly in recent weeks I take your point, that it is dragging this thread off-topic, and I have started a new topic thread to keep them separate.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 17:19   #605
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Same here, don't really know anything about this compression stuff.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 19:44   #606
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Further information on the Horizon 4 UI.

https://www.libertyglobal.com/libert...orm-horizon-4/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 20:01   #607
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

https://www.libertyglobal.com/wp-con...-Horizon-4.mp4
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 20:08   #608
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Posted before but this is a better video.

https://vimeo.com/290850092
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 21:33   #609
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's been some time since this thread has been anything but unsubstantiated speculation.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2019, 21:55   #610
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Well, I like the name of the Horizon UI.., but I want to know, is, can I do on this things like reorder the channels where I want and on what number? Can I copy recordings off to hard disk etc etc

V6 with tivo is fast, but just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I had more flexibility with videoplus and VHS recordings than now, well, in some regards.
Old 17-04-2019, 09:42   #611
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Well, I like the name of the Horizon UI.., but I want to know, is, can I do on this things like reorder the channels where I want and on what number? Can I copy recordings off to hard disk etc etc

V6 with tivo is fast, but just doesn't cut the mustard for me. I had more flexibility with videoplus and VHS recordings than now, well, in some regards.
If the new Horizon UI is installed on V6 boxes, the hard drives are already there for recordings. Hopefully, cloud recordings will also be available, and this would be very useful given the small number of recordings you can make on a V6 box with only 1MB capacity.

I was interested in the flexibility you were talking about in relation to Videoplus and VHS recordings. What were these additional flexibilities? The only one I can think of in relation to VHS tapes was the ability to keep recordings for as long as you liked (provided that you were happy to keep buying more blank tapes!) Personally, I was happy to ditch them - it was a right faff!
Old 17-04-2019, 09:43   #612
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

ITV Hub is in apps and games now
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 09:45   #613
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
You know, I thought it was there before, but when I looked last week, they weren't there - they were only in the on demand section.

It would be nice if they were the full versions of the Hub, All4 and My5 in the apps section. Even nicer if they could bundle the ad-free versions with Netflix, Prime and Starzplay!
Old 17-04-2019, 10:10   #614
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
Must be regional then, only showing STVPlayer here. Understandable, STV wouldn't want to go the effort of getting their app on VM if there was an option to use ITV app.

Still have the ITV Hub branded section in Catch-up though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 10:30   #615
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Must be regional then, only showing STVPlayer here. Understandable, STV wouldn't want to go the effort of getting their app on VM if there was an option to use ITV app.

Still have the ITV Hub branded section in Catch-up though.
I've just checked and none of the players (apart from the BBC i-Player) are showing here under Apps and Games. Maybe something is being rolled out in stages.