Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:46   #241
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I hope it keeps on working for you.
So far ok, Richard
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2018, 02:01   #242
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I think you can get them for about £50 now, but these can't record.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 15:44   #243
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think you can get them for about £50 now, but these can't record.
I need one to record, So far still ok Thanks
Old 08-04-2018, 03:30   #244
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

That's good to hear.

Pick +1 has taken over the CBS Action +1 slot on Freeview. There's speculation that this is a placeholder for the Sky owned channel Real Lives to go FTA.

If this is correct, I think there's a good chance that Real Lives will join Freesat too
Old 18-04-2018, 21:07   #245
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel23 View Post
So disappointed that Sony Crime 2 has been removed from Freesat and Sony Crime +1 didn't launch today either... Hope Sony Movies, Eden, Good Food and Animal Planet come to freesat this year as these would be good additions to Freesat Platform...
Sony Crime 2 appears to simply be a Sky EPG placeholder as it is just repeating 3 hour programming on a loop.
Old 21-04-2018, 15:46   #246
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

I found out that Viceland will be renamed to Vice on 1st May and will focus on content from Vice's online service. Viceland HD is also going on that date so it might be that Vice is leaving the Sky paywall line up.

Could Vice (land) be coming to Freesat??
Old 30-04-2018, 03:49   #247
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Following the closure of ITV Encore, one of its old slots is being used to bring UTV +1 to Freesat. It will be joining the platform on EPG number 112 for NI postcodes in early May.
Old 30-04-2018, 12:33   #248
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Following the closure of ITV Encore, one of its old slots is being used to bring UTV +1 to Freesat. It will be joining the platform on EPG number 112 for NI postcodes in early May.
Thanks Richard
Old 30-04-2018, 15:46   #249
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

You're welcome 🤗

Freesports HD starts in July. Let's hope that the increased HD fee hasn't made them change their mind in putting it on Freesat!
Old 03-05-2018, 18:28   #250
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Discovery are working on creating Quest HD. Question is, will this be on Freesat or go behind a Sky Paywall?

Another victim of the increased EPG charges; Vintage TV will be leaving on 17/5/18
Old 03-05-2018, 18:47   #251
nashville
nashville

Do you know if Freesat has a problem today in G73 area, I had to restart mine with the postcode as it just cut out, then at 5 30 it done it again but it started when I switched it off at the wall and it was ok
Old 03-05-2018, 21:30   #252
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Not heard anything about the satellites malfunctioning, hopefully it isn't your box playing up again!

I've found that digital STB's sometimes misbehave for apparently no reason at all; in fact I had to reboot my V6 twice yesterday evening. The first time it lost sound and the second time it wouldn't properly accept commands from the remote control!

TJC Choice was removed today, I really hope that Freesat review these increased PEG fees as they are having a detrimental effect on a platform that I passionately support.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Just been told that Quest HD already exists and has been free to air for ages on Arabsat's Badr 4 satellite @ 26e, so it shouldn't take long to bring it to the UK.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:49   #253
nashville
nashville

It seems ok now but will keep my eye on it again, The thing is if it goes again when I am out Hubby could not fix it ,
Old 04-05-2018, 13:32   #254
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Do you know if Freesat has a problem today in G73 area, I had to restart mine with the postcode as it just cut out, then at 5 30 it done it again but it started when I switched it off at the wall and it was ok
That’s a problem with your box, not the satellite. A satellite failure would affect the entire country, not just one postcode, and not just Freesat - Sky customers would notice it too, however it would only affect *some* channels, not all at once, as you are receiving from a number of different satellites to get a full Freesat service.

I have never found Freesat boxes of any brand to be entirely robust. Sometimes they just lock up for no reason, or reboot themselves while you’re trying to watch TV. However I’ve never known one to spontaneously factory-reset so it requires a postcode on restart. That may indicate that your box is on the way out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 15:41   #255
nashville
nashville

Thanks Chris I may have to buy another box, will look into ones that are easy to connect without complications

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Box is now gone dead. Will have to replace it, if I purchase a HDR 1100S at £179 as this one has an on demand choice, is is a straight forward one to connect or do I need extra connections to TV and box, Or is it better to stay with the style I have that just records, Really confusing