Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Free V6 box

Old 19-02-2018, 09:50   #316
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold
Re: Free V6 box

I will just keep both boxes till virgin declare them obsolete then, see what they offer me.

like a few people on here i have no need to record stuff when i have on demand,catch up,netlfix,and all other ways of watching programmes on the net.

where do people find the time to watch all their recorded programmes!.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2018, 10:37   #317
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

They record, rather than rely on catch up and On Demand, and find sufficient to record without Netflix and Amazon Video.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:33   #318
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

I find it so much easier to watch recorded programmes than mess about with Catch Up etc.
An added bonus is when TiVo has recorded a new series of a favourite programme that I did not know was on again.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:45   #319
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No. The free V6 does not apply if you already have a V6.
Cheers
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 12:48   #320
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I find it so much easier to watch recorded programmes than mess about with Catch Up etc.
An added bonus is when TiVo has recorded a new series of a favourite programme that I did not know was on again.
I feel the same. The 6 tuners tend to change the way you watch your tv. Like you I find it far easier and with 2 V6 boxes I have 12 tuners which makes it really easy.

Agree about the added bonus as well.
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 13:00   #321
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
I will just keep both boxes till virgin declare them obsolete then, see what they offer me.

like a few people on here i have no need to record stuff when i have on demand,catch up,netlfix,and all other ways of watching programmes on the net.

where do people find the time to watch all their recorded programmes!.
Alot of people like myself never watch live tv anymore since we can plan ahead and record so we then skip all the adverts.

If i was you i would grab the free V6 now.
Old 19-02-2018, 14:49   #322
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Alot of people like myself never watch live tv anymore since we can plan ahead and record so we then skip all the adverts.

If i was you i would grab the free V6 now.
Free things come to those that wait. At the moment you can only replace one of your boxes for free, no doubt it will eventually be any old box.

Those that plunge in first with the new boxes always pay most, and have to sort out all the faults for the rest of us who end up getting it free ! Very good of you I say
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 15:59   #323
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
At the moment you can only replace one of your boxes for free, no doubt it will eventually be any old box.
Possibly, but even if it does end up at that, it's unlikely it would be affected by you swapping one of your boxes now.
Old 19-02-2018, 16:32   #324
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap is still not accepting my old email address (not found on system) or my ntlworld.com address (though it confirms that email address is correct as is the password, and they work to sign me in to Myvirginmedia.).

A call to 150 (india) caused much confusion to them, and they decided:

a/. the virgintvgo can only be accessed by a Virginmedia mobile phone (I don't have a mobile)

b/. you can't do boxswap until the V6 is installed.

V6 due to arrive tomorrow, so we shall see...
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 17:23   #325
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Free things come to those that wait. At the moment you can only replace one of your boxes for free, no doubt it will eventually be any old box.

Those that plunge in first with the new boxes always pay most, and have to sort out all the faults for the rest of us who end up getting it free ! Very good of you I say
I would rather get 1 free box now than in 2 years down the line.
Old 19-02-2018, 17:27   #326
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap is still not accepting my old email address (not found on system) or my ntlworld.com address (though it confirms that email address is correct as is the password, and they work to sign me in to Myvirginmedia.).

A call to 150 (india) caused much confusion to them, and they decided:

a/. the virgintvgo can only be accessed by a Virginmedia mobile phone (I don't have a mobile)

b/. you can't do boxswap until the V6 is installed.

V6 due to arrive tomorrow, so we shall see...
Not the end of the world if you can't copy series links across, unless you've got 100's? Beginning to regret copying mine across, just ended up recording everything twice !
Old 19-02-2018, 19:36   #327
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not the end of the world if you can't copy series links across, unless you've got 100's? !
Old 19-02-2018, 21:04   #328
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Sometimes a clear out is a good thing
Old 19-02-2018, 21:35   #329
Taf
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sometimes a clear out is a good thing
They are all series that are to return at some point, and I'd hate to miss them.
Old 20-02-2018, 15:45   #330
Taf
cf.mega poster

It arrived.

Swapped the TIVO for the V6.

Swapped the V+HD for the TIVO.

No need of the Powerlink kit they sent.

They also supplied a Hub3, but both the power supply and Hub3 have male connectors so they won't mate. DOH!!! And no, I have not mixed up the power supplies as the one I'm trying to use (LITEON) has a label that reads "connect to your hub".

Now I have to see if I can get Boxswap to work.......