Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2017, 14:11   #4066
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
If Google pull the YouTube app from Fire TV it's no longer an issue for me. All it takes is 1 more click and about 10 seconds longer than usual to enjoy the exact same YouTube experience.

I think that was the driver behind adding web access.

My PC is viewable on my TV, so no bigge for me but very useful fo those who don't do that
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2018, 19:57   #4067
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Looks like they want to start clamping down on password sharing:

https://gizmodo.com/the-glory-days-o...v-m-1821463505
Old 01-01-2018, 20:39   #4068
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Won't impact users in the UK.
Old 01-01-2018, 20:57   #4069
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Looks like they want to start clamping down on password sharing:

https://gizmodo.com/the-glory-days-o...v-m-1821463505
I love Hulus response to this "the larger the audience the better" stop blocking vpns then lol.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:39   #4070
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I love Hulus response to this "the larger the audience the better" stop blocking vpns then lol.
I think they mean a paying audience, theone!
Old 02-01-2018, 14:48   #4071
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think they mean a paying audience, theone!
Not everyone uses hacked accounts mate.
I pay for the none advert version $11.99p/m which is around £9p/m which i think is great value tbh hulu plus netflix is all the tv i need.
Old 02-01-2018, 20:21   #4072
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Youtube app is still on my Fire stick and even got me to update it last night.

The blackbox with the message about it going on Jan 1st still comes up.

have they had a change of heart?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20   #4073
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
The Youtube app is still on my Fire stick and even got me to update it last night.

The blackbox with the message about it going on Jan 1st still comes up.

have they had a change of heart?
My fire stick doesn’t have the app any more. Instead it gave me Youtube.com choice with a choice to sign into it through Firefox or silk. After downloading Firefox it loaded up quickly and looks to be the same format as the app
Old 03-01-2018, 09:36   #4074
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
My fire stick doesn’t have the app any more. Instead it gave me Youtube.com choice with a choice to sign into it through Firefox or silk. After downloading Firefox it loaded up quickly and looks to be the same format as the app
Same here. Playback however isn't always great. Whenever it comes time for a pop up add my video starts to stutter and goes out of sync. I've also been stuck watching a spinney wheel once the advert has stopped. Amazon are usually quick to react. I'd expect them to have these teething issues ironed out soon
Old 05-01-2018, 16:28   #4075
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Same here. Playback however isn't always great. Whenever it comes time for a pop up add my video starts to stutter and goes out of sync. I've also been stuck watching a spinney wheel once the advert has stopped. Amazon are usually quick to react. I'd expect them to have these teething issues ironed out soon
Its been a while since I used Firefox, does it have extensions? If so could you install an ad blocking extension to stop the popup ad?
Old 05-01-2018, 18:34   #4076
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
Its been a while since I used Firefox, does it have extensions? If so could you install an ad blocking extension to stop the popup ad?
You can on pc version adblock plus i think there is an android version of adblock plus too.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Interesting Amazon very likely to bid for premiership rights. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8143106.html

Edit: Amazon are now holding talks for premier league rights, what was you saying again Den? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-uk-tv-rights/

Last edited by theone2k10; 05-01-2018 at 18:44.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:58   #4077
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Has anybody signed up to the Eurosport Player on the Amazon devices? (I know it costs extra above the usual EP sub)

Just wondered if it is exactly the same offering as the standalone service?
Old 08-01-2018, 18:51   #4078
theone2k10
Inactive

Intrestingly Amazon have confirmed they are talking to their people about bidding for premiership football, i think OB may of been right in his theory of Amazon getting some live football.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Has anybody signed up to the Eurosport Player on the Amazon devices? (I know it costs extra above the usual EP sub)

Just wondered if it is exactly the same offering as the standalone service?
Used it on android it was same as the one on bttv but this was last year around about June, i don't know if it's changed since then.
Old 09-01-2018, 14:51   #4079
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix UK subs rate slows as Now TV gains.

Quote:
BARB noted there was a “symbiotic” relationship between SVOD services and pay TV providers in the UK, with “many” households choosing to subscribe to both.
Quote:
“In conclusion, we can see that access to SVOD services is highly prevalent in audiences under 55, where these services exist and co-habit alongside broadcast platforms,” noted BARB. “Far from being niche, SVOD services are now an established part of the television ecosystem.”
http://tbivision.com/2018/01/09/netf...tv-gains-barb/
Old 09-01-2018, 17:41   #4080
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix UK subs rate slows as Now TV gains.

http://tbivision.com/2018/01/09/netf...tv-gains-barb/
Netflix uk growth started to slow down when Netflix blocked vpns etc.
Closed Thread