Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 18:34   #3946
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And some saw it as a cert that it would arrive when quite clearly it is not going to arrive.
Do you have proof of this?
Although tbh i think you might be right on this one.
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2017, 18:46   #3947
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Do you have proof of this?
Although tbh i think you might be right on this one.
If it was going to arrive logic says it would have arrived long before now.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Maybe not yet, Den, you can't say it won't ever arrive!
Crikey its usually you who are the pessimist.
Old 07-12-2017, 00:02   #3948
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Youtube to be pulled from Amazon streaming services from 1st January

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42251531

Everytime I go into the app on my Fire TV stick I get the notice on my screen confirming the service will be ending soon. This is a shocker, especially after the YouTube app was removed from my LG Smart TV about 3 months ago. Now I'm not going to be able to watch YouTube easily on my TV without additional cost or messing about. Certainly devalues FireTV. I Use YouTube on it every day.
Old 07-12-2017, 00:53   #3949
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Everytime I go into the app on my Fire TV stick I get the notice on my screen confirming the service will be ending soon. This is a shocker, especially after the YouTube app was removed from my LG Smart TV about 3 months ago. Now I'm not going to be able to watch YouTube easily on my TV without additional cost or messing about. Certainly devalues FireTV. I Use YouTube on it every day.
Already posted on the page before this mate.

Syfy added to nowtv.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Well Amazons new documentary about Man City has started well, Man United refuse to let them film in away dressing room. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42260564
Old 07-12-2017, 06:37   #3950
love Virgin2013
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media VIP
love Virgin2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
TVPlayer just tweeted me SYFY is now live on tvplayer it's in the tv player lite pack, also Universal is now there too.

Just seen Christmas24 (Movies24) on there so is that a new channel as well?

do they have any more plans for new channels?

They are getting big now.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:25   #3951
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

It will still be available on the Roku, so this might be a way around the problem for you.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:38   #3952
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Amazon Prime Video launches on Apple TV.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/amazon-prime...s-on-apple-tv/
With the addition of this and the terrestrial catch up players the only remaining issues for a purchase of the 4K box now is the price and the fact YouTube is only available in HD on the device.
Old 07-12-2017, 14:18   #3953
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
With the addition of this and the terrestrial catch up players the only remaining issues for a purchase of the 4K box now is the price and the fact YouTube is only available in HD on the device.

The Roku 4K box only seems to have been officially released in the US. Are there plans for a UK release?

The current Roku box gives me access to every service that I require, including Amazon, Netflix, Now TV, Google Play, YouTube and catchup services: it's my go-to device now.

The only service I don't have acces to is Apple's video. It's just one of those things: there are no devices around at the moment that cover every thing.
Old 07-12-2017, 14:45   #3954
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by love Virgin2013 View Post
Just seen Christmas24 (Movies24) on there so is that a new channel as well?

do they have any more plans for new channels?

They are getting big now.
From info they've given me TCM is on it's way, they wanted a deal to bring SKY channels too but SKY are playing hardball at moment but BT are interested in AMC and BTsport being available on tvplayer, also premiersports are too.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
The Roku 4K box only seems to have been officially released in the US. Are there plans for a UK release?

The current Roku box gives me access to every service that I require, including Amazon, Netflix, Now TV, Google Play, YouTube and catchup services: it's my go-to device now.

The only service I don't have acces to is Apple's video. It's just one of those things: there are no devices around at the moment that cover every thing.
Mini windows pc has everything but they can be hit and miss and could mean messing around with browsers, but mini pcs are getting better and prices are coming down too.
Old 07-12-2017, 15:19   #3955
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

In the UK Roku have something called the Streaming Stick + which is 4K.
https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/...ing-stick-plus

Last edited by muppetman11; 07-12-2017 at 15:22.
Old 07-12-2017, 17:26   #3956
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Can you not get YouTube on your Sky box? Even if you've ended your subscription it might still be available as it is on Now TV without a subscription...
Old 08-12-2017, 13:21   #3957
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:

Sideload it?
Old 08-12-2017, 14:15   #3958
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Sideload it?
It's a case of Amazon "look at me swinging my big stick around."
Google "look our stick is bigger"
Apple "idiots ours is even bigger"
google "well Amazon can't have youtube that'll teach them."
Amazon "idiots our customers will simply sideload it now we'll look to pull Amazon instant video in 2018 from google devices"
Apple "morons we already made our itunes videos exclusive to apple users as they must have a apple device or itunes we win."
New company "we'll see."
Microsoft "we're not going to get involved as we lost after our attempts at launching mobile phones"
Old 08-12-2017, 14:43   #3959
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

How much is the Chromecast Ultra on Amazon........oh wait.......or a Google Home.........

Last edited by muppetman11; 08-12-2017 at 14:47.
Old 08-12-2017, 15:28   #3960
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How much is the Chromecast Ultra on Amazon........oh wait.......or a Google Home.........
Same with Appletv it seems you can only get them via third party sellers on Amazon.
Closed Thread