Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 23:11   #3331
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, if no-one is pulling our leg, that is very good news indeed.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

If it is indeed Amazon, there appeared to be some sort of hitch the first time around. There were rumours that Liberty Global had prevented it from launching, but I have my doubts about that, because that flew in the face of what John Malone said before about content.

Possibly, the delay was related to the new Amazon channels (some of which are the same as available already on Virgin) or maybe there were technical issues. I hope that this time, the rumour is correct and that nothing will now get in the way of the launch.
Well it is underwhelming as when virgin media plays games, I just go to the Amazon app on my smart tv no need to wait
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2017, 01:07   #3332
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
If it is indeed Amazon, there appeared to be some sort of hitch the first time around. There were rumours that Liberty Global had prevented it from launching, but I have my doubts about that, because that flew in the face of what John Malone said before about content.

Possibly, the delay was related to the new Amazon channels (some of which are the same as available already on Virgin) or maybe there were technical issues. I hope that this time, the rumour is correct and that nothing will now get in the way of the launch.
It was reported at the time that VM were up for Amazon but the parent company LGI over-ruled them so this is more substantial than a rumour. Fries does mention Amazon as a big threat. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...st-challenger/

Now that Disney is removing its content from other channels and services, I can see its new on-demand service appearing on VM but that has a launch date of two years hence.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:36   #3333
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It was reported at the time that VM were up for Amazon but the parent company LGI over-ruled them so this is more substantial than a rumour. Fries does mention Amazon as a big threat. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017...st-challenger/

Now that Disney is removing its content from other channels and services, I can see its new on-demand service appearing on VM but that has a launch date of two years hence.
Disney already has it's own service has done for 2 years disneylife.
Although not the new upcoming service from Disney but one suspects Disneylife will morph into the upcoming service from Disney.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:00   #3334
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well it is underwhelming as when virgin media plays games, I just go to the Amazon app on my smart tv no need to wait
Not everyone has a smart TV though.

I would be very happy to get Amazon on the V6 because then I can bookmark all the stuff from there I want to see on 'My Shows'..
Old 12-11-2017, 14:11   #3335
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I would be very happy to get Amazon on the V6 because then I can bookmark all the stuff from there I want to see on 'My Shows'..
The ability to bookmark Netflix movies and series in My Shows is something I didn’t really appreciate at first but I use it all the time now. It’s great having almost everything in one place - the only thing I have missing are any interesting Sky Atlantic series on my Now TV box
Old 12-11-2017, 16:48   #3336
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Very true good sir. I don't know why we're missing the amazon app. surely amazon would want to be on tivo v6? I want that and my wwe network app....give me that and ill roll on the floor and let richard branson tickle my belly as i sign a 12 month contract
Old 13-11-2017, 10:34   #3337
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Very true good sir. I don't know why we're missing the amazon app. surely amazon would want to be on tivo v6? I want that and my wwe network app....give me that and ill roll on the floor and let richard branson tickle my belly as i sign a 12 month contract
At a guess, I reckon it's the Amazon channels that are the issue, although if I were Virgin, I wouldn't be too worried about them.
Old 13-11-2017, 12:32   #3338
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I think it's more likely to be a case of whether VM want Amazon on the V6.
Old 13-11-2017, 15:36   #3339
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Tivo have hired a new CEO i'm unsure if this will affect VM in anyway though http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/tivo-hires-new-ceo/
Old 13-11-2017, 18:36   #3340
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Interesting...

Regarding Amazon this could go either way as the previous CEO was all for adding it. The new one may have other ideas. Optimistically, perhaps the earlier attempt to add it was aborted so as to let the new CEO decide what to do.
Old 13-11-2017, 20:09   #3341
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Interesting...

Regarding Amazon this could go either way as the previous CEO was all for adding it. The new one may have other ideas. Optimistically, perhaps the earlier attempt to add it was aborted so as to let the new CEO decide what to do.
This will be a VM/Amazon decision, nothing to do with the Tivo CEO, surely.
Old 13-11-2017, 21:47   #3342
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Best of... 2017.

It back - the lines are now open on the following:

1) Best poster with information on the coming soon thread:

A) Media Boy Sources
B) theone2k10
C) JJ20X

2) Best new channel of the year on Virgin Media UK:

A) That's Norfolk (Norwich areas only)
B) Rishtey Cineplex
C) MTV Beats
D) Star Bharat
E) Sky Sports Football
F) Sky Sports Arena
G) KMTV (Kent areas only)
H) Brit Asia TV
I) Blaze
J) Islam Channel English
K) Islam Channel Urdu
L) Talking Pictures TV
M) STV2 (Some Scottish areas only)
N) Made in Teesside (Middlesbrough areas only)
O) Heart 80s (Radio Channel)
P) Quest Red

3) Radio Channel of the year:

Name your Radio Channel of 2017 (As long as they broadcast on Virgin Media UK).

PM US right now with your vote:

DO NOT Vote via this thread it WILL NOT Count.

All lines closes on November 27th at 5pm.

©copyright 2017 Media Boy 2006 - 2017. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 13-11-2017, 21:57   #3343
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
This will be a VM/Amazon decision, nothing to do with the Tivo CEO, surely.
Oh yes, I read it as VM had a new CEO.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Taken from the Streaming Services thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Amazon are working on a ad supported free version of their Amazon video service. http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/repor...n-prime-video/
I wonder if people would get exactly the same version as those that pay?

How many on here who want Amazon would prefer it for free with advertisements?

Maybe this is the reason for the delay and this is the version what we'll end up with as VM may view this business model as less of a threat to their own core business??
Old 13-11-2017, 23:59   #3344
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Oh yes, I read it as VM had a new CEO.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Taken from the Streaming Services thread:

I wonder if people would get exactly the same version as those that pay?

How many on here who want Amazon would prefer it for free with advertisements?

Maybe this is the reason for the delay and this is the version what we'll end up with as VM may view this business model as less of a threat to their own core business??
They should offer both.
Old 14-11-2017, 00:18   #3345
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
2) Best new channel of the year on Virgin Media UK:

A) That's Norfolk (Norwich areas only)
B) Rishtey Cineplex
C) MTV Beats
D) Star Bharat
E) Sky Sports Football
F) Sky Sports Arena
G) KMTV (Kent areas only)
H) Brit Asia TV
I) Blaze
J) Islam Channel English
K) Islam Channel Urdu
L) Talking Pictures TV
M) STV2 (Some Scottish areas only)
N) Made in Teesside (Middlesbrough areas only)
O) Heart 80s (Radio Channel)
P) Quest Red
MB, have you been drinking?
Closed Thread