11-09-2015, 03:09
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Calls through an iPad?
Should I ever want to, is it possible to make/receive calls to mobiles and landlines (ie not Skype) through a wifi-only iPad Air?
I know you can send/receive texts by connecting it to an iPhone, I was just wondering if you can do the same with phone calls.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 05:50
|
#2
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Natalie has her iPhone 5c connected to her iPad Air and can do this.
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 10:25
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Only on O2.
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 10:51
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
Only on O2.
|
Are you sure? I thought Continuity worked on all compatible iOS devices https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204681
Quote:
|
With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.
|
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 10:54
|
#5
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Natalie is on EE.
It also works on my iPad Air (I'm on virgin) but I didn't mention it in the initial post as my iPad is the one with the SIM card in it and russ specifically mentioned the wifi version.
|
|
|
11-09-2015, 13:24
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
|
Oops, I missed the bit about "connecting it to an iPhone". Sure, you can do that. Only O2 lets you make mobile phone calls on a tablet without a phone at all.
|
|
|
12-09-2015, 05:32
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: Calls through an iPad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw
Natalie is on EE.
It also works on my iPad Air (I'm on virgin) but I didn't mention it in the initial post as my iPad is the one with the SIM card in it and russ specifically mentioned the wifi version.
|
Yeah it's the wifi-only version. I've since worked it out, when both are connected to the same wifi connection and signed in to the same iCloud account you to Settings then FaceTime and make sure "iPhone cellular calls" is selected. Then either go in to Contacts and select someone to call or in FaceTime just enter the number.
Seems like the mic is better than on the iPhone as callers can heard me more clearly on the iPad when it's on speaker and I'm moving around the room.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:33.
|