05-09-2015, 16:01
|
#1
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Selfie Sticks
Is it just me or do other people think these selfie sticks are rediculous.
It always seems to be groups or moronic teenagers that use the pouting duck face that they think they look better and they dont.
I just feel like taking it off them and whacking them on the head and saying GET A LIFE!
|
|
|
05-09-2015, 17:58
|
#2
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,539
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
I appear in maybe a hundred of the hundreds of thousands of photos I have taken.
Too risky for the lens.
|
|
|
06-09-2015, 10:54
|
#3
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,397
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
Selfie sticks have a place, when you want to get loads of people in shot, or you are in a crowd and what to get a shot of what everyone is trying to see.
Personally I link my Camera to my phone and use it to focus, zoom etc then take the shot.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
06-09-2015, 11:08
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames
moronic teenagers that use the pouting duck face that they think they look better and they dont.
|
They're trying to look better to each other, not to you.
|
|
|
06-09-2015, 19:05
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
The first time I saw an advert for a selfie stick, a year or so ago, I thought it was a spoof ad. 
I was in Barcelona last month. In some locations over half of the tourists taking photos were using them
|
|
|
06-09-2015, 22:01
|
#6
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,245
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
They're trying to look better to each other, not to you.
|
.. and still failing.
I'm amazed they dont get confiscated as offensive weapons.
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
07-09-2015, 12:06
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
I'm amazed they dont get confiscated as offensive weapons.
|
In some places they are, or at the very least, they're getting banned in progressively more places. On the other hand, someone's just invented a selfie shoe:
|
|
|
07-09-2015, 15:34
|
#8
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
Re: Selfie Sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
In some places they are, or at the very least, they're getting banned in progressively more places. On the other hand, someone's just invented a selfie shoe:

|
Rather fetching, do they have them in a 12, mens?
__________________
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:32.
|