Discontented Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
22-04-2015, 13:43
|
#1
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Swansea, South Wales UK.
Age: 75
Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
Posts: 2,753
|
Discontented Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
On Monday around 7pm, 37-year-old Colorado Springs resident Lucas Hinch took his Dell XPS 410 out into the alley behind the building where he lives and runs a homeopathic herb store, pulled out his 9mm handgun, and put eight bullets through the PC, in cold blood.
The Dell, it seems, had been causing Hinch trouble in recent months and gave him a blue screen of death for what turned out to be the final time on that fateful evening. It's unclear what version of Windows the computer was running before it met its demise.
Here is the link....
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...All+content%29
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 14:07
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northants
Age: 82
Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro
Sky Talk
Sky+HD
Posts: 5,122
|
Re: Discontents Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
|
|
|
22-04-2015, 16:57
|
#3
|
|
Perfect Soldier
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Worthing West Sussex
Age: 69
Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy
in modem mode
XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
Posts: 11,316
|
Re: Discontents Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
Pity it wasn't an Apple.
Of course there's always Will it blend
__________________
History is much like an endless waltz: The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
However history will change with my coronation - Mariemaia Khushrenada
|
|
|
23-04-2015, 20:32
|
#4
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Discontents Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
Having dealt with Dell, I can quite see his reason.
|
|
|
29-04-2015, 02:41
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Discontented Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
Eh, Dell support has always been pretty decent when I've had to deal with them, though that's usually either on an enterprise support contract or an enhanced consumer warranty. Had a couple Dell engineers from Inverness and Glasgow onsite a couple days back, seemed like pretty decent guys.
And frankly, bluescreens are just as likely caused by software (i.e. what he installed on it) than the hardware itself. Well, before he put eight bullets in it anyway.
But then I've seen people shoot things for less. Poor tin cans for example, what did they ever do? Or unarmed black men with their hands above their heads...
... never mind.
|
|
|
29-04-2015, 10:28
|
#6
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Discontented Man puts 8 bullets in his Dell, tells police it’s worth the ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
Eh, Dell support has always been pretty decent when I've had to deal with them, though that's usually either on an enterprise support contract or an enhanced consumer warranty. Had a couple Dell engineers from Inverness and Glasgow onsite a couple days back, seemed like pretty decent guys.
|
Admittedly mine was just a one off, so I was probably just unlucky. Ironically the call was on behalf of one of our users..
Apple, on the other hand, are the total opposite. Whenever I've dealt with them they've always been polite, efficient and resolved the problem quickly. Even, at one point, passing my query along to one of the programmers of the product I was having problems with (Apple Remote Desktop) so he could determine if there was a bug or not. Their efficiency did creep me out once though. I went into the Apple Store in Regent Street to buy a MacBook, and when I gave over my email address, the assistant looked out me and then listed all the Macs I am in charge of at work (I know, I tend to use my work email as a personal email as well, and shouldn't).
Quote:
|
And frankly, bluescreens are just as likely caused by software (i.e. what he installed on it) than the hardware itself. Well, before he put eight bullets in it anyway.
|
True.
Quote:
But then I've seen people shoot things for less. Poor tin cans for example, what did they ever do? Or unarmed black men with their hands above their heads...
... never mind.
|
Lol.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48.
|