Quote:
|
As for "Qualified Microsoft Technician", I can't say I've heard of such a qualification (except forr MSCE of course).
|
So you've never heard of MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) then?
---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames
The real reason i think he is not a microsoft qualified engineer or anything at all to do with microsoft he closed his shop down and is now working from home. The home is in a hell of a mess, he his wife and kids are all very scruffy and he drives a battered old volvo yet he claims to have been in business over 40 years.
|
I take it you know the guy personally then. I'd be careful what you say about him online as he can sue you for defamation.
---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
If I was giving my computer to someone to repair who claimed to have qualifications and was doing it as a living I'd expect them to have some sort of insurance to cover it in case he screws it up or damages my machine in some way.
|
Personally I find most customers having an individual fix their computer use someone they know through word of mouth, otherwise they go to a reputable bricks and mortar store. I wouldn't be entrusting my computers to someone who shoved a leaflet through my door that I know nothing about.
---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames
Well i have been digging and found out this guy is a total idiot.
He claims he has been in the computer business full time for over 40 years and is Microsoft certified, he also has another Facebook page claiming to be a full time DJ and worked for the likes of British Airways where in fact he works for the ambulance service on the passenger transports.
|
I'm not sure what you think is wrong with working as a DJ and a computer tech, I've done both in the past as well...
However the latter part of your sentence makes little sense at all, why the hell would a DJ be working on an ambulance passenger transport?!