10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
04-09-2013, 20:01
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Posts: 739
|
10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
I've not heard anything about this feature lately, I was really looking forwards to it but it launched with poor channel support which defeated the point.
I'm interested to know people's opinions on this after 10 months use. Have more channels been added and how often are people using MRS streaming in the real world?
|
|
|
04-09-2013, 21:04
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
I believe that they have added some channels since launch, but not any of the main ones. This makes it still pretty useless functionality and a waste of a brilliant USP.
|
|
|
06-09-2013, 19:18
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Posts: 739
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
I believe that they have added some channels since launch, but not any of the main ones. This makes it still pretty useless functionality and a waste of a brilliant USP.
|
Agreed, it really needs to be an all encompassing feature for it to take off with the masses. A small channel selection just doesn't cut it. I was hoping licence agreements etc would have been sorted out over the past 10 months.
Do you use the feature yourself? I'm interested in how easy it was to set up your TiVos for MRS and what kind of performance you get during streaming playback.
|
|
|
06-09-2013, 21:08
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500),
Yamaha RXV777,
Full House TV,
200Mb,
2 VM v6 Tivos,
Slingbox.
Posts: 68
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007
Agreed, it really needs to be an all encompassing feature for it to take off with the masses. A small channel selection just doesn't cut it. I was hoping licence agreements etc would have been sorted out over the past 10 months.
Do you use the feature yourself? I'm interested in how easy it was to set up your TiVos for MRS and what kind of performance you get during streaming playback.
|
Other than the lack of channels the feature works great. I have both Tivo's plugged into a router so can't comment on using it over homeplugs.
However after a slight delay in playback it responds just the same as though it was playing on the box you are accessing.
|
|
|
07-09-2013, 07:46
|
#5
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
This is so frustrating. I got a 2nd TIVO and networked them together when the MRS functionality became available via firmware upgrade in November 2011. Of course at that time you couldn't do anything other than delete shows on the other box, and to be honest you can't really do anything more than that now. I check from time to time but can never find any recordings that they have the rights for me to stream. Such a wasted opportunity.
|
|
|
07-09-2013, 11:31
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007
Do you use the feature yourself? I'm interested in how easy it was to set up your TiVos for MRS and what kind of performance you get during streaming playback.
|
I hardly ever use it because of the lack of the main channels.
I just plugged both Tivos into the network and it worked. There may be a menu setting to change in the Tivo, but can't remember for sure as it was so long ago that I set it up. I actually set it up before we could actually stream things, but the Tivos could see each other and you were able to delete shows off the bedroom Tivo from the lounge one and visa versa.
When I have used it, it has worked perfectly and it remembers the position if you are part way through a show and resume watching on the other Tivo.
|
|
|
07-09-2013, 17:52
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: 10 months on how's Multi Room Streaming?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007
Agreed, it really needs to be an all encompassing feature for it to take off with the masses. A small channel selection just doesn't cut it. I was hoping licence agreements etc would have been sorted out over the past 10 months.
Do you use the feature yourself? I'm interested in how easy it was to set up your TiVos for MRS and what kind of performance you get during streaming playback.
|
The two main issues certainly appear to be licensing issues restricting streaming certain channels and the fact you can't stream from your PVR to a non PVR multiroom box currently , that said VM are the only company to offer this facility at the moment I guess we'll have to wait and see what the competitors offerings are when released
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:55.
|