Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Package costs.....

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Package costs.....
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 16:25   #1
dicemania
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
dicemania is an unknown quantity at this point
Package costs.....

What are people paying for Virgin top package at the moment

I have been with Virgin for several years now and am now paying approx £140 for VIP XL access with 3 Tivo boxes

1*1TB and 2*500MB
dicemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02   #2
Joedm45
cf.geek
 
Joedm45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Package costs.....

According to the website VIP is £115.49/month with 1 TiVo

http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html

You will need to add another £10/month for two more TiVo's so you should make a bit of a saving. Best thing to do is ring them up and you might even get a better deal than a new customer.

Also, your VIP pack may be a little dated so you might get faster internet and unlimited calls (even to mobiles) on your landline.

Hope that helps
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17   #3
geordiechris
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 363
geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold
Re: Package costs.....

I recently upgraded to the VIP package and got everything currently being advertised at £115.49 (including line rental) for £94.99 (including line rental) with 1TB TiVo and a VHD Box, however I had to agree to a new 12 month contract in order to get that price.
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 15:06   #4
RobboEdin
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Package costs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
You will need to add another £10/month for two more TiVo's so you should make a bit of a saving.
Not quite. You forgot the extra £6.50 charge for a third box.

So VIP with three TiVos, instead of one TiVo and one V HD, would be £16.50 more expensive than VIP.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 15:32   #5
Mad Bee
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London, W12
Services: VIP 50, Tivo and V+
Posts: 169
Mad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enoughMad Bee will become famous soon enough
Re: Package costs.....

I'm paying £114 for VIP. I've got a 1TB TiVo in the living room and an old V+ (which is almost never on) in the bedroom.
Mad Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 15:47   #6
dmeldrum
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SE9
Services: VIP XXL Broadband XL TV 3x TiVo 1GB
Posts: 23
dmeldrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Package costs.....

I am on the old VIP bundle and have three TiVos and no other boxes.

I've got XL TV plus all the Sky movies and sports in HD.

Broadband is XXL, currently 100mb but due to increase to 120mb when my area is upgraded.

I don't think I have the fully inclusive phone bundle. My bill says I have Talk Unlimited, Talk International 2, Talk Mobile 2 and Talk 08 2. The only itemised calls I seem to be billed are mobiles. I've also got Caller Display and I don't think I am charged for that.

The current bill for that lot is £123.05 per month. Last time I called them to talk about changing the phone package, it was going to be more expensive, over £130.
dmeldrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 21:44   #7
anap
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
Posts: 168
anap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enoughanap will become famous soon enough
Re: Package costs.....

I upgraded to VIP recently. I have a 1TB, a 500GB TiVo and a V+ Box and I pay £101.90 (with the £1.50 Sky Sports increase). This is a reduction of £25.09. I was on the Premiere collection with an extra box (500GB, V+ & V), talk unlimited, Sky S & M (non HD) & 60Mb Broadband for £100.15!
anap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:18.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum