Price increase for VM subscribers to Sky Sports
23-08-2013, 14:07
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: Price increase XL
So can you just get Sky Sports 1 and 2 only for a bit less than the Sky Sports Collection on VM? I thought I saw someone on here say you can but I can't see it on VM's site anywhere?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 14:11
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sutton Coldfiled
Age: 51
Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
Posts: 1,029
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
Given that Small World are offering Sky Sports at a loss to compensate for the loss of ESPN, I think it's fair to say that Virgin probably have some control over what they pass on to customers. In addition, it was Bt who pushed the price of Premier League football up. Had Sky not beaten them in that auction we wouldn't have ended up with Bt Sport in the xl package.
|
I'm sure they do, but you wouldn't expect them to take a loss on that because sky want more money.
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 14:18
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris
Will the VIP Collection be increasing by £1.50?
|
Yes it will
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002
Don't think so because sky sports is inclusive.
|
Just because it's part of the package, doesn't mean it won't be affected price changes
---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
Given that Small World are offering Sky Sports at a loss to compensate for the loss of ESPN, I think it's fair to say that Virgin probably have some control over what they pass on to customers. In addition, it was Bt who pushed the price of Premier League football up. Had Sky not beaten them in that auction we wouldn't have ended up with Bt Sport in the xl package.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman
I'm sure they do, but you wouldn't expect them to take a loss on that because sky want more money.
|
And considering Virgin Media DO have BT Sports and ESPN, which being in XL are unconnected to Sky Sports options, why would they want to subsidise it?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 14:22
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
|
Re: Price increase XL
I'm new here. Can someone tell me who owns this site and who controls it ? Thanks.
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 14:23
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
I'm new here. Can someone tell me who owns this site and who controls it ? Thanks.
|
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/about/7/about-cable-forum
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 15:20
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincsbri
LoL oh sorry i should update my profile doh if i was not on the XL i would not have got the letter.
|
I don't understand what you mean? I'm on xl, but I don't have Sky Sports. I haven't got a letter.
---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
It's the whole stupid system, motivated by greed, that put the price up.
|
Yes, agreed.
---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman
I'm sure they do, but you wouldn't expect them to take a loss on that because sky want more money.
|
No, I wouldn't expect that. But then I wouldn't expect Sky to pay extra for their rights and take a loss on that, either.
__________________
Who gives a @*#$ about an Oxford comma?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 15:36
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sutton Coldfiled
Age: 51
Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
Posts: 1,029
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
No, I wouldn't expect that. But then I wouldn't expect Sky to pay extra for their rights and take a loss on that, either.
|
Nope wouldn't expect that either.
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 15:43
|
#23
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
|
Re: Price increase XL
I've got the letter today too about the £1.50 rise for my Sky Sports & Sky Movies package. Earlier posts suggest that it is Sky Sports that is rising by £1.50, so is there no increase on Sky Movies?
Just wondered as I've recently cancelled movies but will still get the £1.50 increase if it's Sky Sports going up.
Cheers
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 15:48
|
#24
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman
I think you can blame ******* Sky for this one!
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman
Nope wouldn't expect that either.
|
I perhaps misunderstood the point of your first post then?
__________________
Who gives a @*#$ about an Oxford comma?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 16:03
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sutton Coldfiled
Age: 51
Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
Posts: 1,029
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
I perhaps misunderstood the point of your first post then?
|
The post I was replying to called VM *******s for putting the price up, so I just deflected his terminology to Sky. I don't think they are *******s for putting the price up. These are companies in the business of making money.
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 17:13
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 317
|
Re: Price increase XL
I think the price increases are going over the top. It might be Sky's doing, but I don't understand how VM don't have any leeway in negotiations. They are the ones who agree the deal with Sky. They fought with BT to get BT Sports for the best price for their customers, but they don't seem to be doing the same with Sky.
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 18:59
|
#27
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Price increase XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman
The post I was replying to called VM *******s for putting the price up, so I just deflected his terminology to Sky. I don't think they are *******s for putting the price up. These are companies in the business of making money.
|
Sorry - didn't read that properly.
__________________
Who gives a @*#$ about an Oxford comma?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 19:13
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coventry
Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
Posts: 160
|
Re: Price increase XL
Can a mod please change the thread title as it is incorrect?
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 19:51
|
#29
|
|
Guest
Location: Norfolk
Services: Sky TV HD
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Price increase XL
Is tv xl increasing by £1.50 yes or no ?
|
|
|
|
23-08-2013, 20:04
|
#30
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
|
re: Price increase for VM subscribers to Sky Sports
Title amended
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:59.
|