16-08-2013, 13:39
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 14
|
Tivo charge per account?
Hi - just checked my package charge today, wondering why it was more than the VIP package advertised on line.
I have a VIP package, but have two Tivo's and being charged a fee per box (one as part of the VIP package, one in addition for the second Tivo).
However, I had two Tivo's from 2011 back when it was charged per account, not per box. Those who had the per account charge were kept on this arrangement - however, for some reason, this was changed for me in November last year (I know, I should check my bills more carefully).
Tried customer care, but they were particularly unhelpful ("Trust me, I've managed this since the beginning and its always been per box", "are you going to accept this", "I can't spend any more time discussing this with you" - a very helpful Moharmed Arif, who also told me he had no manager!).
Anyone else with 2 Tivo's from that period still paying just the one monthly fee?
Colin
|
|
|
16-08-2013, 13:50
|
#2
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
Ring retentions, its the only way to argue.
|
|
|
|
16-08-2013, 15:56
|
#3
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,055
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
Discuss, then argue if required.....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 14:10
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillca
Hi - just checked my package charge today, wondering why it was more than the VIP package advertised on line.
I have a VIP package, but have two Tivo's and being charged a fee per box (one as part of the VIP package, one in addition for the second Tivo).
However, I had two Tivo's from 2011 back when it was charged per account, not per box. Those who had the per account charge were kept on this arrangement - however, for some reason, this was changed for me in November last year (I know, I should check my bills more carefully).
Tried customer care, but they were particularly unhelpful ("Trust me, I've managed this since the beginning and its always been per box", "are you going to accept this", "I can't spend any more time discussing this with you" - a very helpful Moharmed Arif, who also told me he had no manager!).
Anyone else with 2 Tivo's from that period still paying just the one monthly fee?
Colin
|
defo speak to retentions bud,the others are a waste of time
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 17:12
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
If you have changed your contract recently, say moving to the latest VIP Collection, then it would seem right that your charging is brought in line with the current charging mechanism.
|
|
|
18-08-2013, 17:25
|
#6
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
I have exactly the same problem. After several phone calls I got them to admit I was correct but they said the "system" would not let them correct the issue. They gave me a £30 credit. A week later someone else called me and said they could do me a monthly credit on the second box, saving me £5.50 a month so I would be better off, so I agreed to this. Firstly they took their £30 back after this, and then the £5.50 credit stopped after two months! I just felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall and eventually gave up a beaten man :-(
|
|
|
20-08-2013, 09:41
|
#7
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
I gave retentions another call after this thread got me thinking about things again. I calmly explained how I'd been a VIP customer since day one, was being overcharged and that I was frustrated by the constant price rises and new customers and those ringing up and shouting loudest getting big discounts. They too were unable to correct the billing error. However, after dropping MUTV and agreeing to a new 12 month contract they managed to get my bill down from £121.05 to £101.05 so I'm very pleased with that. I also ordered a Superhub 2 for £20 with self install.
Thanks to Brian in retentions, great service!
|
|
|
20-08-2013, 10:51
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
Just proves that being calm and polite works in these matters. Wonder how busy they were last Friday with people calling to cancel their cancellations?
|
|
|
20-08-2013, 11:35
|
#9
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Tivo charge per account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
Just proves that being calm and polite works in these matters. Wonder how busy they were last Friday with people calling to cancel their cancellations?
|
There was certainly a knowing laugh and a feeling of getting them onside when I mentioned people calling up and shouting for big discounts, and how that wasn't my style at all
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52.
|