08-08-2013, 18:48
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Peterborough
Services: Maxit,V6,
BB 100Mb,
Virgin Mobile
Posts: 323
|
More Waste Of Money
Once again VM waste money.
Today I received from VM, The Book of OOH! Not a circular but actually addressed to me, to tell me what I can get from VM. Now I've been with them and their predecessors for nearly 20 year, I know what I can do.
I have to pay them for a printed bill which I want.
If they didn't send out adverts to their customer maybe we wouldn't have to pay.
|
|
|
08-08-2013, 18:53
|
#2
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
that's ok they keep sending me letters offering me (by name) cable even though the whole village can't get it.
|
|
|
12-08-2013, 17:51
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chatham Kent
Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP)
IPhone,Ipad
Posts: 318
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
yes I got the same wish they would spend there (or ours!) money elsewhere
|
|
|
12-08-2013, 18:18
|
#4
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
There are different budgets for marketing and development and what not. It's not all from the same pot.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
12-08-2013, 19:15
|
#5
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy2000
Once again VM waste money.
Today I received from VM, The Book of OOH! Not a circular but actually addressed to me, to tell me what I can get from VM. Now I've been with them and their predecessors for nearly 20 year, I know what I can do.
I have to pay them for a printed bill which I want.
If they didn't send out adverts to their customer maybe we wouldn't have to pay.
|
Think about this from their point of view. If they send out 1,000 mail shots and 100 people add something to their monthly package, they've more than paid back whatever the mailshot costs.
Contrast that with a paper bill that costs the same, but is not going to get them any money that they aren't owed anyway.
Not that I am defending mailshots. I am not. I hate them. Just looking at it logically.
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 16:53
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
There are different budgets for marketing and development and what not. It's not all from the same pot.
|
I'm getting pretty tired of this justification. If you want to be super pedantic you could say the mailshots for Edinburgh come from a different "pot" than Glasgow. Big ****ing deal. Both "pots" come from the same bottom line. They're both funded by money from customers. It's still my money being wasted.
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 17:33
|
#7
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Its not being wasted though. Mailshots do work.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 18:47
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Peterborough
Services: Maxit,V6,
BB 100Mb,
Virgin Mobile
Posts: 323
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Its not being wasted though. Mailshots do work.
|
They may work but why send them to their own customers who know what they've got
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 19:07
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
I agree, im staff and I got one. Pointless
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 19:11
|
#10
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
that's ok they keep sending me letters offering me (by name) cable even though the whole village can't get it.
|
Snap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Its not being wasted though. Mailshots do work.
|
You'd think they would target the people who can actually get the product though.Somewhere deep in the bowels of VM HQ there is a map of cabled addresses, send the junk to them not me ,i cannot get cable ,i will never be able to get cable at this address so can they please stop sending me offers and deals to switch from A supplier to them
|
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 20:20
|
#11
|
|
Smeghead
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Glasgow
Age: 45
Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Posts: 14,778
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
What most people fail to understand is that the listings used for the mailshots are totally unrelated to the existing customer accounts database.
Would probably be to hard for them to try and sync the two lists together and also remove everyone that cant get cable.
__________________
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 | 32GB DDR5 6000 | RADEON 7900XT | WD 2TB NVME
|
|
|
13-08-2013, 22:05
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Staffordshire
Services: Sky+ HD,
100mb VM cable,
Virgin Phoneline
Posts: 192
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
To be fair it is quite simple, considering vm know the addresses and postcodes of their customers already, and the postcodes of their target punters... They only have to run a simple loop through all postcodes they can supply, and remove the house numbers of known customers in that postcode.
Simple database queries 101
It really is not rocket science.
|
|
|
14-08-2013, 00:08
|
#13
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Its not being wasted though. Mailshots do work.
|
You and I obviously have a different understanding of the word "work".
|
|
|
14-08-2013, 01:00
|
#14
|
|
Guest
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
It's the cheapest way to advertise, it costs less to letter bomb everyone than to be selective, that's why all of them do it.
|
|
|
|
14-08-2013, 09:07
|
#15
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near France
Services: Tivo XL
150mb broadband
L phone
Posts: 1,817
|
Re: More Waste Of Money
I got a Tax rebate from Inland Revenue... The cheque came in one envelope and the explanation for the rebate came in another envelope at the same time and day!!! waste of tax payers money me thinks.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13.
|