12 months half price sale
23-07-2013, 20:42
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
Not sure what your point is?
|
Nothing more than I'm trying to see if there is a pattern to these offers. My SKY contract is up in 5 months. If I come back to Virgin I'd rather get half price for 12 months instead of the usual 6.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 12:17
|
#17
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire
Rang retentions today, but was told that the half price deal was for new customers only. However, as I was out of contract, my loyalty bonus was extended for another year. Small result I suppose.
|
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.
I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.
They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 14:38
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.
I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.
They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).
|
Could not agree more,virgin have just lost my £1200 a year to sky simply because they chose not to try and compete with them,there loss and i`m £30 a month better off
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 14:54
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1234
Could not agree more,virgin have just lost my £1200 a year to sky simply because they chose not to try and compete with them,there loss and i`m £30 a month better off
|
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 15:02
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Over there
Posts: 1,096
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
|
VIP collection is £99 a month...
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 15:10
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2006
Services: VIP 20
Posts: 43
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
|
To be fair to virgin i did have 3 boxes,60meg broadband,full tv +sports and movies,no HD ON MOVIES SPORTS THOUGH,Total £96.05 +phone calls etc, normally my bill was around £120-£130 a month.
Getting pretty much the same from sky+ H.D on everything,
broadband only 40meg but now i can use the ipad upstairs which i never could with the superdud,and £30 odd better off. RESULT
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 15:30
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 492
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7
These offers always frustrate me as I believe they should also offer them via retentions for customers who are out of contract. I am currently out of contract but waiting until my line rental saver ends in December before I decide what to do going forward.
I'm forever getting bombarded by Sky to join them with 12 month half-price offers and could get their full package with BB (albeit ADSL but around 15Mb) and unlimted calls / line rental for about £55 a month and I'm very tempted as it would save about about £40 a month. If VM said they'd give me VIP half price for 12 months I'd sign a new contract immediately.
They really ought to use these offers to not only tempt new customers to join but to retain their existing customer base as surely it's better for them to keep customers even if if means lower monthly income than lose them altogether if they move to a different provider (like Chad did).
|
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 16:34
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
|
I called Virgin in December to confirm I wanted to cancel my services. I had already been offered 12 months 1/2 price from SKY through a family member. Virgin put me through to retentions who asked why I wanted to leave. I confirmed I was not happy with the latest price increases and intended to move to SKY. Virgin did make me a reasonable offer to stay however I confirmed I was getting a better offer elsewhere. Virgin retentions asked what deal I was being offered. I explined 50% off for 12 months via SKY. Retnetions advised they couldn't match that and confirmed my services would be cancelled.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 16:48
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 492
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I called Virgin in December to confirm I wanted to cancel my services. I had already been offered 12 months 1/2 price from SKY through a family member. Virgin put me through to retentions who asked why I wanted to leave. I confirmed I was not happy with the latest price increases and intended to move to SKY. Virgin did make me a reasonable offer to stay however I confirmed I was getting a better offer elsewhere. Virgin retentions asked what deal I was being offered. I explined 50% off for 12 months via SKY. Retnetions advised they couldn't match that and confirmed my services would be cancelled.
|
just out of interest what was the offer?
you did the right thing though exhausted all avenues open to you and got the best deal - loads of people seem to just moan and complain about their deal instead of proactively seeking to improve it.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 17:40
|
#25
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sheffield
Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Signature with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM 500Mbps Broadband & Phone
Posts: 583
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno
Have you ever contacted retentions outlining this argument to them?
|
Yes, did so about 18 months ago (and on many other occassions previously as they are most helpful in doing deals) but at the time both were only offering 6 months half price. VM agreed to give me a loyalty discount for 2 years to match the normal price Sky package price and at the time, I couldn't be bothered to switch for the sake of six months half price as I've always been happy with VM's services and would miss TiVo and the fibre broadband. They could do nothing about matching the half price offer as per the earlier post by solitaire.
However at the present time and a few price rises later, I could be tempted to switch for a 12 month offer as it'll save best part of £500 over the year. Also, BT Infinity is due for roll out in my area soon so come December when I know if we are getting Atlantic, BT Sport, etc, I can then make an informed decision.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 18:15
|
#26
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
A quick question can I add TV and phone services to my package in the VM shop in the shopping centre in town?
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 18:55
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno
just out of interest what was the offer?
you did the right thing though exhausted all avenues open to you and got the best deal - loads of people seem to just moan and complain about their deal instead of proactively seeking to improve it.
|
I really can't remember. It wasn't a straight price reduction. Virgin wanted me to make a couple of changes to my package to get the best value possible.
|
|
|
24-07-2013, 22:23
|
#28
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
Posts: 856
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
You were being seriously overcharged by Virgin if you were spending over £1000 a year with them.
|
Why would that be? It's the going rate.
I'm paying for VIP and line rental which is £113 and also sim only so with the calls etc. the bill is usually £120 a month / about £1500 a year.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47.
|