12 months half price sale
22-07-2013, 11:31
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
12 months half price sale
This morning VM have started there 12 month half price sale again for 9 days for the VIP and Premier collections pack but what I can't find is, is this available for existing customers who only take broadband (like me) and are looking to upgrade to a full package
http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles...llections.html
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:06
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
I would say looking at it the offers only apply to new customers, as in those who are not getting any service from Virgin. It does say existing customers can get collections as well, but whether you will get the half price one though is up to Virgin.
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:12
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
I would say looking at it the offers only apply to new customers, as in those who are not getting any service from Virgin. It does say existing customers can get collections as well, but whether you will get the half price one though is up to Virgin.
|
Thanks for the reply only one way to find out and that's to phone them whats the best number to use?
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:14
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Over there
Posts: 1,096
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Retentions on 150 option 5 then 3
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:16
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal
Retentions on 150 option 5 then 3
|
Sorry should have said I don't have a VM phone line BB only
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:27
|
#6
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
Posts: 168
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Try this one:
01256752000
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 13:30
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by anap
Try this one:
01256752000
|
Thanks
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 14:17
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Is line rental on top of the monthly cost, or included?
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 14:28
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
Is line rental on top of the monthly cost, or included?
|
Line rental needs to be added on to the cost so the premier collection is £48 + 14.99 or £24 this week + 14.99 for the year
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 14:52
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Yes, that's what I thought. So if I was to borrow money to pay the line rental up front and with the loyalty discount, I could upgrade to VIP collection for £88 a month for a year then keep on paying the line rental up front for a year to keep bills down. Sounds good, am tempted.
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 15:20
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 233
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Rang retentions today, but was told that the half price deal was for new customers only. However, as I was out of contract, my loyalty bonus was extended for another year. Small result I suppose.
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 16:00
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire
Rang retentions today, but was told that the half price deal was for new customers only. However, as I was out of contract, my loyalty bonus was extended for another year. Small result I suppose.
|
Thanks Virgin really need to do more for existing customers who only have BB or what ever its a way of getting more customers
|
|
|
22-07-2013, 19:05
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
I'm keeping tabs on these offers from Virgin, just in case I look to come back.
19th March 2013 - Half price offer running for 1 week
20th May 2013 - 9 months half price running for 1 week
22nd July 2013 - Half price offer running for 1 week
I seems so far these offers run every 2 months for the last week of the month. Alternatively they seem to run prior to investor report. Within 1 month of the March offer Virgin submitted their Q1 earnings results. Within 1 month of the May offer Liberty Global bought Virgin. Within 1 month of the latest offer Q2 results should be due.
|
|
|
23-07-2013, 16:03
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 233
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Further to my post above, I rang retentions again today because I was concerned about the renewal of my loyalty bonus with a new contract ensuing. I spoke to a nice chap named Gary who explained that there was a new system in place (don't know when it started) Without me asking he offered me a discount on my bill of £12 a month which also included the addition of the Sky Sports HD channels. New contract of course but I don't mind having got a sweetener.
|
|
|
23-07-2013, 16:28
|
#15
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: 12 months half price sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
I'm keeping tabs on these offers from Virgin, just in case I look to come back.
19th March 2013 - Half price offer running for 1 week
20th May 2013 - 9 months half price running for 1 week
22nd July 2013 - Half price offer running for 1 week
I seems so far these offers run every 2 months for the last week of the month. Alternatively they seem to run prior to investor report. Within 1 month of the March offer Virgin submitted their Q1 earnings results. Within 1 month of the May offer Liberty Global bought Virgin. Within 1 month of the latest offer Q2 results should be due.
|
Not sure what your point is?
Q2 results are for April-June 2013, so any additional uptake from the half-price offer in July 2013 would not be included in the Q2 reporting, and it's pretty doubtful, IMHO, that there was such a surge in customer numbers after the May offer that Liberty felt that VM was a bargain (especially as due diligence befor such a bid happens can take 3-6 months).
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:28.
|