06-07-2013, 13:54
|
#2
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
Posts: 856
|
Re: VM Business
Where I work, I'm in the middle of arranging the move of our WAN from BT to VMB. Half of it's in now and the rest to do. We're NHS in the NW too. I've heard of another organisation put their WAN out to tender, apparently VMB won it but they went with BT !?!!?
We have only had good things with VMB and the problems have only developed when we have had to go 'off net' and BT are involved.
Good stuff for NWAS.
|
|
|
06-07-2013, 14:47
|
#3
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana
|
I have planned a good few N3 circuits here in the North West for VM and i am glad i now will be able to do this fully on our own fibre network instead of needing to deal with BT over some of them. It also means we will be a lot quicker dealing with them instead of waiting for BT to respond. 
---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian
Where I work, I'm in the middle of arranging the move of our WAN from BT to VMB. Half of it's in now and the rest to do. We're NHS in the NW too. I've heard of another organisation put their WAN out to tender, apparently VMB won it but they went with BT !?!!?
We have only had good things with VMB and the problems have only developed when we have had to go 'off net' and BT are involved.
Good stuff for NWAS.
|
I wonder if its one of my jobs
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
06-07-2013, 21:59
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 38
Posts: 2,033
|
Re: VM Business
Having also worked with BTN3 circuits provided both by BT & Virgin and also having our own MPLS from Virgin, they would win my work anyday.
Be nice for the end users to have a network that is useable, the N3 network is pants.
|
|
|
07-07-2013, 15:59
|
#5
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
Posts: 856
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
I have planned a good few N3 circuits here in the North West for VM and i am glad i now will be able to do this fully on our own fibre network instead of needing to deal with BT over some of them. It also means we will be a lot quicker dealing with them instead of waiting for BT to respond. 
---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------
I wonder if its one of my jobs 
|
Who knows? It's more Manchester way.
If I see a certain one of the VM planners again, I'll be asking for mates rates
I reckon we've probably ended up with VM 2/3 and BTO 1/3 due to VMB not having a localised presence at some of our sites locations. I think we had one quote at £115K for civils and install as the nearest PoP was 2Km away :-0
|
|
|
08-07-2013, 18:36
|
#6
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian
Who knows? It's more Manchester way.
If I see a certain one of the VM planners again, I'll be asking for mates rates
I reckon we've probably ended up with VM 2/3 and BTO 1/3 due to VMB not having a localised presence at some of our sites locations. I think we had one quote at £115K for civils and install as the nearest PoP was 2Km away :-0
|
I work out of the Manchester office and yes i am one of those planners
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
15-07-2013, 14:52
|
#7
|
|
Guest
|
Re: VM Business
|
|
|
|
15-07-2013, 14:57
|
#8
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana
|
Indeed the doomsayers are very quiet at the moment as the fat lady is still singing very loudly.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
15-07-2013, 17:20
|
#9
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Indeed the doomsayers are very quiet at the moment as the fat lady is still singing very loudly. 
|
Suspensions may also have something to do with the current congenial atmosphere too  .
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
15-07-2013, 17:29
|
#10
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: VM Business
Ahem - let's keep on topic, please, and off personalities.
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
15-07-2013, 18:43
|
#11
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
|
Re: VM Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
Ahem - let's keep on topic, please, and off personalities.
|
Sorry.
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
26-07-2013, 08:24
|
#12
|
|
Guest
|
Re: VM Business
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42.
|