Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J
Actually he may be referring to the lunacy of six or seven different collection bins/boxes that some folk in various cities have to use.My sister has at least 4 and my ma in law has 5.
I only have one recycling bin into which I put everything but glass but if I had to separate into more collection bins than that I'd get pretty peeved.
|
All I use is the black bag all burnable things goes into my multi fuel burner that heats my place & gives free me vast amounts hot water as a by-product so all my waste goes in the black bag + rest follows it too.
Your right
Maggy... it four or five if you count the black bags; On a (fortnightly) 2 week cycle
Pink: plastics (second week)
Green: (different bags) Foil/paper/tins/card > (first week)
Green tub : food waste (every week)
Garden sack: garden waste >leaves/clippings (first week)
Black bag: normal waste (second week)
Oh yes not forgetting they don't provide you with enough of types of bags you need; so mid way though you will run out hence all goes in the black bag again... it isn't well thought out not at all. I have to do all that but still pay the council my rates to do what? I pay for there services eg: waste removal so there the big problem like many others view it as. Not for them waste it on unnecessary items/services

Oh yes & as
Osem pointed out where is one going store all these bags till the time arives to put them out........ my storage is full of fuel for my burner after you factor all that room wise however it's used outside storage wise best bet most are kept out side besides the near wall ready to carted off on the right given day that if there not ripped open already, which at that point there useless to anyone so all goes in the same place in the end = black bag