Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you be willing to pay more?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Would you be willing to pay more?
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to pay more
Yes, I would happily pay the £2 a month more 15 27.78%
Yes, I would be willing to pay more for that content 4 7.41%
No, I want the content without the price rises 25 46.30%
I couldn't care less either way 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 23:52   #16
howardmicks
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

carl a increase of £5.59 i do expect new channels,Nearly another £70 per year i certainly want to see something to justify it
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2012, 08:20   #17
carlwaring
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Yes, I know and agree. You post just didn't make sense as you seemed to be saying the same thing twice; or something
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 23:54   #18
huffnpuff
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16
huffnpuff is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

My price rise is just over £4/m, due in February.

All I have is a single V+ box TV XL (No Sky movies or sports), telephone line and 30MB BB (curiously soon to be increased to 60MB for free???) I'm paying just over £60/m.

Now if I was cynical (and I am) I might think that the increased fees are being introduced to cover the BB speed increase that is FREE!!!!!!

I can see no justification in a price increase. If you take out of the equation the +1 channels, channels that repeat every 3-4hrs and minority channels the actual channel line-up becomes somewhat thin.

I'm reviewing my situation and I am NOT willing to pay more!
huffnpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 08:16   #19
carlwaring
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffnpuff View Post
I can see no justification in a price increase.
I'm sure we could say that about anything we pay for though

Quote:
If you take out of the equation the +1 channels, channels that repeat every 3-4hrs and minority channels the actual channel line-up becomes somewhat thin.
Except, of course, that some people appreciate the +1s and minority channels and not many channels "repeat every 3-4 hours"

Quote:
I'm reviewing my situation and I am NOT willing to pay more!
Fair enough. I'm sure you're not the only one.

I would happily ditch 90% of the channels I receive (that I never watch) for similar reduction in my monthly fee but I know that that's never going to happen
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:32.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum