27-11-2012, 22:46
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Would you be willing to pay more?
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?
This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
|
|
|
27-11-2012, 23:38
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 88
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?
This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
|
Here's a thought, why not pay less and get them? I had with virgin the following and paid £103 p/m
TiVo box and v+ box with all the channels (sports movies etc)
Phone (evening and weekend)
60mb broadband
Moved back to sky and now pay £83p/m for 6 mnts then £95p/m and I get the following
Sky plus HD and extra box - with shed loads more hd channels, a 3d channel, sky Atlantic and a sky go app that blows virgin tv anywhere out of the water. Also as I now have had experience of the two the VOD content is not that much different. Also other than the three tuners I will not be convinced by anyone that the TiVo is good as everyone on here seems to think.
Phone - anytime calls so again an improvement on what I had before
Broadband - this is the only thing that's not as good but I've been getting 15mb which I can live with to be honest and sky's fibre is due in my area in the next 3 months. Now get cloud wifi and won't get traffic management on my broadband that VM did after only three months and not even excessive usage(VM cs agreed with me) as my BB speed was dropped to 0.5mb. So have I lost out?
No brainer for me and as one of the few that's seen both sides of the VM/Sky coin I think I'm in a good position to comment, unlike some on this forum who will defend VM without actually seeing what the so called opposition has to offer.
|
|
|
27-11-2012, 23:59
|
#3
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
No, at this point I'd rather use Freeview.
|
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 00:06
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?
This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
|
sky will never let VM have SS3+4 HD channels so pointless
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 02:06
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
I have to pay an extra £4 a month! Whoop dee doo .........
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 04:23
|
#6
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Firstly I think you're lucky if your price rise is limited to £2, secondly, if given the option I'd say no, but if they chose to lessen the pain of price rises by bringing these channels then I wouldn't complain too loudly either. Otherwise, safcftm makes a great point-albeit there are plenty of us here that have also had Sky.
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 05:22
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
IF Virgin were to announce on Friday that from Monday we would have SKY Atlantic SD, SKY Sports 3 and 4 in HD, plus SKY Sports News and SKY News in HD, and the remaining ITV channels in HD, would you be willing to accept the price rise that Virgin are planning of another £2 a month?
This is purely hypothetical, as I am curious to know how many would be willing to pay more for more channels.
|
I do not want any of the extra content as they are no interest to me and would not want to pay extra.
I think you need to add a option to your poll.
"No I do not want the extra content"
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 06:20
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 06:27
|
#9
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,592
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again .
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 07:33
|
#10
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
No but then I do not want more content, apps , bells , whistles , breaking up pictures on I player( O silly me I have that already ) or other pointless tricks that give the impression that I can not read or think for myself 
---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W
I do not want any of the extra content as they are no interest to me and would not want to pay extra.
I think you need to add a option to your poll.
"No I do not want the extra content"
|
Very true poll seems to be trying to get a "Put up the cost for extra" result
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 08:24
|
#11
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks
Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
|
Seconded.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 21:21
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500),
Yamaha RXV777,
Full House TV,
200Mb,
2 VM v6 Tivos,
Slingbox.
Posts: 68
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
I expect to see a slew of new channels launch in return for the price hike.
However Virgin have given no explanation to the rise, which makes it seem we won't be getting anything new.
The much talked about extra channels last month resulted in a random Africa channel which I doubt will have many viewers.
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 21:28
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fife
Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Posts: 244
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote..." i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again"
Aye! and its even worse if you are disabled and stuck at home all day, watching the same stuff over and over
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 21:28
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ipswich
Services: Ultimate ooomph
Posts: 402
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Seconded.
|
^^^^^^^
|
|
|
28-11-2012, 22:45
|
#15
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Would you be willing to pay more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks
Before this ridiculous price rise I would have said yes,but now with these price increases I expect new channels
|
I don't get that logic  You would be willing to pay more for the channels but now you are going to be paying more you want new channels? 
---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf
i think they should address the other channels content -i am sick of watching the same old stuff on a constant loop over and over again .
|
Well that's just weird  I'm always watching new stuff with just the channels we have. (Though I do choose to watch some repeats too!)
---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk
I expect to see a slew of new channels launch in return for the price hike.
However Virgin have given no explanation to the rise, which makes it seem we won't be getting anything new.
|
What's the explanation for anything going up in price?!
The cost of my weekly shop has steadily risen and I'm not getting any more for it!
I take your point. I am merely making an observation
Quote:
|
The much talked about extra channels last month resulted in a random Africa channel which I doubt will have many viewers.
|
"The much talked about extra channels" were never officially announced though.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:39.
|