17-10-2012, 14:00
|
#16
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Thanks for the info
That would be a shame Den for us US Sports fans , I love my fix of College football.
|
Yes it will be bad news but some things are a changing in the TV landscape.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 14:36
|
#17
|
|
Guest
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Maybe BT will take over America & Classic. The content would fill overnights and any other gaps in their schedule(s).
|
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 14:47
|
#18
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Birmingham
Services: Almost the lot
Posts: 762
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
If ESPN pulls out of the UK in the summer Virgin will suddenly find themselves with a budget to play with.
What would people like to see Virgin invest the money into?
|
If they do how will I watch UFC?
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 14:59
|
#19
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Lower bills !!!
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 15:08
|
#20
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Lower bills !!!
|
Well l would rather have the same bill but with more bang for my buck.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 15:41
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
If nothing else it shows that Virgin expect to get the channel and are open to the idea of it being a direct swap for ESPN. I must admit that I really like ESPN's football coverage, and I like mlb, so I'll be disappointed if Bt's channel signals a complete withdrawal from the UK. I'll be equally disappointed if the value of the xl pack is significantly diluted. I don't expect to continue to get free Premier League after Bt spent so much to acquire it. Free Premier League football on Virgin has been as a result of Setanta not making enough from it and ESPN picking up the pieces for pennies so its clearly unsustainable, but that doesn't mean we have to lose all top class sports coverage, and I for one expect Virgin to continue to offer a viable alternative to having to subscribe to premium channels.
---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------
Sorry, just reread alwaysabear's post - who was the questionnaire from?
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 15:51
|
#22
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
If nothing else it shows that Virgin expect to get the channel and are open to the idea of it being a direct swap for ESPN. I must admit that I really like ESPN's football coverage, and I like mlb, so I'll be disappointed if Bt's channel signals a complete withdrawal from the UK. I'll be equally disappointed if the value of the xl pack is significantly diluted. I don't expect to continue to get free Premier League after Bt spent so much to acquire it. Free Premier League football on Virgin has been as a result of Setanta not making enough from it and ESPN picking up the pieces for pennies so its clearly unsustainable, but that doesn't mean we have to lose all top class sports coverage, and I for one expect Virgin to continue to offer a viable alternative to having to subscribe to premium channels.
---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------
Sorry, just reread alwaysabear's post - who was the questionnaire from?
|
From ESPN Fan Forum.
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 15:53
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Understood, sorry I thought it was from Virgin.
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 18:19
|
#24
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Well l would rather have the same bill but with more bang for my buck.
|
agree Den as we all know prices never go down
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 19:37
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Age: 54
Services: VIP50, TiVo
Posts: 2,869
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
How does that leave ESPN America ?
|
I can't see ESPN America going anywhere, even if they close ESPN UK. It's too big a channel across Europe, Scandinavia and the Middle East. As we get the same version that Scandinavia gets I'd think it would stay around.
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 20:44
|
#26
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Id merge the large package with the xl
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 21:47
|
#27
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
How would you see that working? Would xl subs go down or l subs go up, or would they meet in the middle.
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 21:50
|
#28
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,109
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
They'll probably invest it in a cooking channel....
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 21:52
|
#29
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,386
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Hopefully meet in the middle, imo espn isnt a patch on what setanta used to be
|
|
|
17-10-2012, 21:57
|
#30
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,109
|
Re: What Virgin should do if ESPN pull out of the UK
Quote:
|
imo espn isnt a patch on what setanta used to be
|
Tell me you're having a laugh! Ok you're entitled to your opinion, but imo Setanta was an absolute joke of a channel run by a bunch of amatuers....
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:44.
|