16-09-2012, 09:09
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Services: VIP(300BB)
2xV6 Boxes
Posts: 344
|
Really TV
Is Really TV on VM? I see Covert Affairs has been picked up by them this season.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 09:17
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Really TV
Yes VM channel 267
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 09:18
|
#3
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Really TV
It is on channel 267 although i prefer the word series   as i am not american. (joke)
|
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 09:21
|
#4
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank
Is Really TV on VM? I see Covert Affairs has been picked up by them this season.
|
It's been on that channel since the the show started over here. They showed Seasons 1 and 2 back-to-back earlier this year
That said, I'm wondering if I should wait and watch it in HD on "Watch".
That's a difficult decision!
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 10:46
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Really TV
For anyone who missed it, season one has been recently added to Netflix.
---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
It is on channel 267 although i prefer the word series   as i am not american. (joke) 
|
I know you were joking, but to me the American system makes more sense.
In America, you have a series comprised of several seasons. So with a 'season finale', ther is a chsnce there will be more episodes. With a 'series finale' you know it's the end.
In the UK, you just have a 'series finale' and you have no clue as to wheather more episodes are planned or not.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 12:32
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Services: VIP(300BB)
2xV6 Boxes
Posts: 344
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
It's been on that channel since the the show started over here. They showed Seasons 1 and 2 back-to-back earlier this year
That said, I'm wondering if I should wait and watch it in HD on "Watch".
That's a difficult decision!
|
I thought it was Watch HD I watched it on last year. I certainly have never watched anything on Reality before - was unaware of it.
---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
For anyone who missed it, season one has been recently added to Netflix.
---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------
I know you were joking, but to me the American system makes more sense.
In America, you have a series comprised of several seasons. So with a 'season finale', ther is a chsnce there will be more episodes. With a 'series finale' you know it's the end.
In the UK, you just have a 'series finale' and you have no clue as to wheather more episodes are planned or not.
|
What I discovered accidentally years ago (when Blade the series was on) using the V+ box if you record the planned series you will get the whole series even when it is split during the season as seems to happen over in the US.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 12:34
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank
I thought it was Watch HD I watched it on last year. I certainly have never watched anything on Reality before - was unaware of it.
|
Yes, it was. Did you not read my post?  It was on Really before it was on Watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank
What I discovered accidentally years ago (when Blade the series was on) using the V+ box if you record the planned series you will get the whole series even when it is split during the season as seems to happen over in the US.
|
That is how the Tivo works too. But in my experience I think it is more reliable on the Tivo than on the V+.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 13:02
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Really TV
A pedant writes...
You don't have "series finales" in the UK, you have "the last in the (current) series".
I can see why the yanks like "season premieres" and "finales", much more impactive language.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 13:11
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
A pedant writes...
|
And I thought I was the only pedant around here 
Quote:
|
You don't have "series finales" in the UK, you have "the last in the (current) series".
|
Quite correct. I still prefer the US phrasings though. Perhaps because I watch so many US shows
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 13:27
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Services: VIP(300BB)
2xV6 Boxes
Posts: 344
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Yes, it was. Did you not read my post?  It was on Really before it was on Watch.
|
I thought you might be saying that but didn't realize it was on another channel first. You do run the risk that Watch doesn't run it this time though if you wait.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 14:37
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank
You do run the risk that Watch doesn't run it this time though if you wait.
|
A good point  We just need ReallyHD now
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 15:01
|
#12
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,149
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
A good point  We just need ReallyHD now 
|
Then all we will get on Cable Forum is 'When is Really HD coming to Virgin Media'.
NOTE: UKTV have no plans to launch Really HD as far as I know.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 16:06
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank
----------
What I discovered accidentally years ago (when Blade the series was on) using the V+ box if you record the planned series you will get the whole series even when it is split during the season as seems to happen over in the US.
|
With V+, I usually found the complete opposite. You pretty much had to renew the series link every season and often after mid season breaks. It was PITA having to keep monitoring sites like DS to see when a show was returning. Thank goodness for Tivo, which once you set a series link, thats it, forevever. Granted, if it changes channel, you will not get a recording, but you can even cover that rare event with tivo, by setting both a series link and whishlist and making the series link the higher priority.
|
|
|
16-09-2012, 17:42
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Services: VIP(300BB)
2xV6 Boxes
Posts: 344
|
Re: Really TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
With V+, I usually found the complete opposite. You pretty much had to renew the series link every season and often after mid season breaks. It was PITA having to keep monitoring sites like DS to see when a show was returning. Thank goodness for Tivo, which once you set a series link, thats it, forevever. Granted, if it changes channel, you will not get a recording, but you can even cover that rare event with tivo, by setting both a series link and whishlist and making the series link the higher priority.
|
Guess I was just lucky then
The sad thing is with my VIP50 package I am entitled to a 1TB Tivo but my wife won't let me change stating that we aren't having any problems so with our present kit so why change it. It is hard to argue with that
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37.
|