14-09-2012, 12:22
|
#31
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by anap
Why should there be an advert for a series I have no interest in as an option on the home screen? Are the suggestions at the top of the screen not enough?
|
Perhaps because someone else might have an interest in it?
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 12:36
|
#32
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
Posts: 168
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Perhaps because someone else might have an interest in it? 
|
You are either being deliberately obtuse or you just miss the point!
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 12:51
|
#33
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Well I'll let you review the conversation and see if you can spot the irony.
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 12:58
|
#34
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by anap
Why is this on the Home Screen?
|
Money changed hands  
---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Well I'll let you review the conversation and see if you can spot the irony.
|
Now that is ironic
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 13:01
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Age: 54
Services: VIP50, TiVo
Posts: 2,869
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Enough of the bickering!
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 13:12
|
#36
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bristol
Services: VIP with extra box (2 V6's & a TiVo)
Posts: 168
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
Money changed hands  
|
Finally a sensible reply! Thank you.
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 13:21
|
#37
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by anap
Finally a sensible reply! Thank you.
|
You are very welcome
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 14:16
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2006
Services: 500gb Tivo XXL TV 120MB Internet, M Phone
Posts: 22
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I think so  Especially as it's a suggestion more than an advert 
|
I have no problem with suggestions, however this I cannot remove and of course they was paid to put it there..
It an advert :p
My main complaint is I couldn't remove it
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 16:14
|
#39
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerionx
My main complaint is I couldn't remove it
|
And why is this such a problem? Does it adversely affect your use of the Tivo at all?
No. It's a small menu item added to the very bottom which you can safely and easily ignore.
VM may well have some problems but this is certainly not one of them
|
|
|
14-09-2012, 16:32
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Age: 54
Services: VIP50, TiVo
Posts: 2,869
|
Re: Game of Thrones
Personally I’d have liked for them to use this feature a lot more since TiVo launched. It would have been very useful for the last-minute deals for the NFL coverage, for example.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:46.
|