03-09-2012, 22:53
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
|
Record Failure
Today's 1.15 Home and Away fon Channel 5 failed to record as it is not new. It is on 5live earlier than the Channel 5 show. Any one else suffered similar record failures? Anything to do with the latest upgrade? It has always worked before.
|
|
|
03-09-2012, 23:15
|
#2
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Record Failure
Was it definitely not a repeat? The episodes for the rest of the week are marked as new so you should be ok.
|
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 08:43
|
#3
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Record Failure
I don't have mine set to "new only" so I didn't have a problem.
You are right, though. Technically it is a repeat as it is first shown on 5* (5Live is a BBC Radio station  ) at 1830 the previous evening.
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 09:55
|
#4
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Record Failure
Dr Who failed on mine this Saturday. Yes it was set for all episodes.
O` boy the I player ( next day ) was slow again.Known fault from Thursday should have been fixed by yesterday.Have not bothered to check.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 09:58
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Record Failure
No problem with that show here  Recorded perfectly.
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 11:04
|
#6
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Record Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
No problem with that show here  Recorded perfectly.
|
Good for you
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 11:06
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Record Failure
My point was that, as mine recorded fine, and we both have exactly the same system and data, I can't understand why it didn't record for you.
Also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I don't have mine set to "new only" so I didn't have a problem.
|
To clarify. My Doctor Who SL is set to 'new only' and my H&A SL is set to 'new and repeats'.
What does it say in "recording hiccups"?
|
|
|
04-09-2012, 11:33
|
#8
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,620
|
Re: Record Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
My point was that, as mine recorded fine, and we both have exactly the same system and data, I can't understand why it didn't record for you.
Also...
I just checked and I do, actually, have mine set to "new only". So it's even more of a mystery
What does it say in "recording hiccups"?
|
Did not look, or really care that much. Looked at TiVo about half an hour in to programme, had no light on for record. Checked & it had the "r" etc against it. looked at set to record, it was there. Used "I player" the next day to watch it. Which also had problems,at the time the BB was very slow,however Web site said no problem with BB or TV. only issue was with the player and buffering.Still seems strange that it all went haywire at the same time
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51.
|