28-08-2012, 10:47
|
#16
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
YES! YES! YES! Welcome back Carl, nice to see you back here.
|
Calm down, dear. It's only a Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Your theory is correct. If there has been any activity on a tuner recently, it assumes you are using it. I think the timeout is an hour.
|
Wow! So I do know what I'm talking about sometimes?  (Some people should take note. Unfortunately, they're the one's currently ignoring me  )
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 12:54
|
#17
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,057
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Calm down, dear. It's only a Forum
Wow! So I do know what I'm talking about sometimes?  (Some people should take note. Unfortunately, they're the one's currently ignoring me  )
|
Even a clock that has stopped is correct twice a day....
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 14:13
|
#18
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Tivo troubles
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 14:48
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Oh no it's Carl! I'm not going to win this now am i!! Just joking Carl, you're a great poster on here  I've got a tech coming tomorrow with a V+ replacement, it's not going to affect my contract either, spoken with the CEO Office again today
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 15:27
|
#20
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
Oh no it's Carl! I'm not going to win this now am i!!
|
I wasn't aware there was anything to win
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 15:58
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I wasn't aware there was anything to win 
|
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 16:04
|
#22
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Yes. I was "only joking" too; hence the smileys.
Too subtle, perhaps? 
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 16:13
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
It's quite strange actually, most people I have spoken too, prefer V+ to TiVo.
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 18:03
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: Tivo troubles
I never thought I would like TiVo over V+, but am pleased to say that apart from rebooting the box twice, in a month of having TiVo I'm wondering why I didn't take the plunge earlier.
|
|
|
28-08-2012, 18:44
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
I never thought I would like TiVo over V+, but am pleased to say that apart from rebooting the box twice, in a month of having TiVo I'm wondering why I didn't take the plunge earlier.
|
Yeah, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I just enjoy the simplicity of the V+ as like I have said, the only feature which I really use is the good storage space as I have the 1TB box at the moment.
|
|
|
29-08-2012, 06:03
|
#26
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Tivo troubles
I think TiVo can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Just want it to record and retain shows? It does that. Want a sophisticated search function, wishlists, youtube, I player and suggestions? It does all that as well, but you don't have to use it. If storage space is important to you I think you're going to miss your TiVo.
|
|
|
29-08-2012, 06:59
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
I think TiVo can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Just want it to record and retain shows? It does that. Want a sophisticated search function, wishlists, youtube, I player and suggestions? It does all that as well, but you don't have to use it. If storage space is important to you I think you're going to miss your TiVo.
|
I doubt I will miss it that much. I rarely go above 5% of my box anyway!
|
|
|
29-08-2012, 07:30
|
#28
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey
Yeah, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I just enjoy the simplicity of the V+ as like I have said, the only feature which I really use is the good storage space as I have the 1TB box at the moment.
|
???
|
|
|
29-08-2012, 07:52
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2007
Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and
Broadband size L
V+HD and VHD
Posts: 235
|
Re: Tivo troubles
What I meant was that this is the only feature which can be use for me, knowing the space is there, not filling the box.
|
|
|
30-08-2012, 15:12
|
#30
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,624
|
Re: Tivo troubles
Only glad that I am not paying a premium for the TiVo. Agree it is for the most part its what you make of it. Pity some of the simple things on V+ are too complicated for TiVo.
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:57.
|