25-08-2012, 18:41
|
#1
|
|
In the corner, sulking.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire.
Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
Posts: 8,041
|
No voices/commentary ???
I have always noticed the audio volume has been lower on any HD channel that comes with 5.1 Dolby sound. In particular I can hear the crowd when watching Sky HD football but the commentary is totally inaudible. Standard definition is fine.
Just watching Pirates of the Caribbean ( again) on BBC HD and this is the same. It used to be that the volume was low but now I can hear all the background sounds perfectly but the dialogue is impossible to hear.
The sound is fine on the ITV HD channels as these are not 5.1 Dolby AFAIK.
I have just gone into the audio settings on the Tivo box and changed the signal to 'Dolby digital to PCM' and the dialogue/commentary is now at the correct volume but I have lost the effect of the 5.1 surround sound.
Has anyone any suggestions as to what I might do to overcome this if possible.
Jim.
PS. Playing an HD dvd the dialogue volume is very slightly lower but can be heard perfectly with a slight tweak of the main volume setting on my amp.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 07:49
|
#2
|
|
In the corner, sulking.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire.
Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
Posts: 8,041
|
Re: No voices/commentary ???
Sorted.
The whole system has been moved recently whilst we decorated. Went through the jungle of wires on the back of the amp and found one wire to the centre speaker was loose.
Jim.
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 08:03
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: No voices/commentary ???
I was waiting for a reply to this as I've been having the same issue. I will now rather sheepishly check the wiring!
|
|
|
26-08-2012, 08:49
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Camden, north London
Age: 67
Services: 500mb, 2 x TV360, Maxit TV, Sky Sports, Sky Movies, TNT Sports, Premier Sports, iPhone 14 pro max
Posts: 1,323
|
Re: No voices/commentary ???
This is only related to this but if you find this problem happening with a TiVo box and a 2 speaker tv you can go into settings and change the audio from Dolby to PCM - it helps keep the foreground and background in balance (It works for my Sharp tv)
|
|
|
01-09-2012, 19:36
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
|
Re: No voices/commentary ???
I was also having this problem. The post above does fix it, I presume
It's a TiVo problem with Dolby then?
---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------
I was also having this problem. The post above does fix it, I presume
It's a TiVo problem with Dolby then?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:46.
|