18-08-2012, 19:32
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 39
Services: Virgin 2GIG XGS - Zero TV
Posts: 435
|
Not recording xfactor
Well I've always had a series link for xfactor, and I notice it wasnt recording, so I go onto it and try to setup a series link but there is already one there, an it stats this episode won't be recorded?
I had to manually press the record option to record it..
What's wrong? I have nothing else planned at this time and plently of space.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 19:49
|
#2
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
That's a weird one
I just had a quick look at it and there's nothing obviously wrong with the listing; says 'new' and '2012' and has not got a generic synopsis. So I really have't a clue. Sorry
Does it say anything in "Recording Hiccups"?
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 19:52
|
#3
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
That's a weird one
I just had a quick look at it and there's nothing obviously wrong with the listing; says 'new' and '2012' and has not got a generic synopsis. So I really have't a clue. Sorry
Does it say anything in "Recording Hiccups"?
|
Maybe Tivo is that intelligent in it's recommendations it's decided that Xfactor is crap
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 19:55
|
#4
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Well I didn't want to mention that
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:02
|
#5
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Well I didn't want to mention that 
|
it's page 6 of the fine print ,"in the event of the viewer wishing to series link the Xfactor a more educational documentary will be substituted ,probably monkeys or penguins or whatever i see fit "
@the op ,it's a new series so will probably need a new series link ,cancell the old one and put the new one in ,wifey had to do that with our Sky box
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:06
|
#6
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
@the op ,it's a new series so will probably need a new series link ,cancell the old one and put the new one in ,wifey had to do that with our Sky box
|
This is incorrect. Unless it has been broken accidentally, any existing SL should work fine. Tivo is better than Sky in that respect
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:26
|
#7
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
This is incorrect. Unless it has been broken accidentally, any existing SL should work fine. Tivo is better than Sky in that respect 
|
both equally bad in this case
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:29
|
#8
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 20:58
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
both equally bad in this case
|
We don't know what the reason was. Broken SL will be the last one, not the first
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 21:56
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
That's weird, since it worked on mine.
__________________
I am NOT an employee of Virgin Media - just a customer
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 22:30
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
I was hoping someone else might tell us if it did or not for them. Thanks Phil. Though I'm now even more confused  Can you confirm the OAD, Phil? That's the only thing I can think of but I can't see the OAD being wrong as that only usually happens with US import shows.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 03:56
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
I imagine the show will be repeated. If you check you'll probably find its going to record of the other showings in order to keep tuners free for other recordings and possibly suggestions. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't work out at all.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 08:34
|
#13
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Can you confirm the OAD, Phil? That's the only thing I can think of but I can't see the OAD being wrong as that only usually happens with US import shows.
|
The OAD is correct.
I think it will remain a mystery unless we know what's in Recording Hiccups.
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 14:31
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
The OAD must have been correct because the series link is set on 'New' only, and the episode had the New tag on it in the recordings list. I have the software update, could it be something to do with the old software?
__________________
I am NOT an employee of Virgin Media - just a customer
|
|
|
19-08-2012, 14:53
|
#15
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: Not recording xfactor
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil
could it be something to do with the old software?
|
Wouldn't have thought so.
I wonder if someone accidentally (or not  ) deleted the show from the "Upcoming Recordings" list
We won't know unless Martyn returns to tell us!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58.
|