TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
18-08-2012, 09:50
|
#226
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Yes it would be nice if people remained more civil in their discussions and of course there is always the ignore button if they don't like seeing certain peoples posts and Mark l suspect there are more on this forum that like your posts then there is not.
|
Thats why i posted the info on how to use the ignore function. It means you don't have to see posts from those you think are biased or are spamming a thread.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:52
|
#227
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
Spot on den,as for the TiVo update well i am very happy now with my TiVo box VM have done what they said they would do re - reminders,and also its much easier now to search the music on demand listings. 
|
In my opinion the software since 15.2 has been generally pretty stable however I haven't been to my parents since they got 15.3.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:55
|
#228
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
In my opinion the software since 15.2 has been generally pretty stable however I haven't been to my parents since they got 15.3.
|
Mine appears to be very stable mate,it seems though reading some postings VM cannot win on this one but now the TiVo basically does all i want it to do i am well happy,so am not going to carp.
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:57
|
#229
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
In my opinion the software since 15.2 has been generally pretty stable however I haven't been to my parents since they got 15.3.
|
Yes its has been very stable since 15.2 but down here l am still waiting for 15.3 l am afraid.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:59
|
#230
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Sorry for the rant, not had a good night's sleep. Neighbours out in the street arguing at 2 in the morning drunk out of their heads.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 10:02
|
#231
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
Sorry for the rant, not had a good night's sleep. Neighbours out in the street arguing at 2 in the morning drunk out of their heads.
|
Sounds similar to where i used to live about 8 years ago absolute nightmare mate.
Everybody is entitled to a rant every now and again.
|
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 10:20
|
#232
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Yes its has been very stable since 15.2 but down here l am still waiting for 15.3 l am afraid. 
|
I've not spoken to them for a week or so , I'm not sure they have 15.3 or not. I believe they come off Preston headend.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 10:49
|
#233
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Scratch that, managed to find the required pages. Carl, consider yourself ignored (no hardship for you I am sure). Please feel free to do the same!!!
|
I'm not so against people holding a different to mine that I would ever want to ignore them. For a start it would make discussing such differences of opinion (as one generally does on discussion forums such as this) rather difficult
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 10:50
|
#234
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
So set the things you don't want deleted to KUID but, if you do that, be prepared for problems; as others, not just me, have stated.
.
|
Where is your evidence for these so called 'problems'? I remember a post by Spiderplant where he mentioned one user who had had problems because he was recording daily shows and not using his common sense. Are there others that I've forgoten or missed?
I have already suggested that VM/Tivo could leave the initial default setting at KUSN and put a qualifying note if choosing the KUID setting. Personally, I don't think a qualifying note is necessary, but VM/Tivo appear to think that their user base is not intelligent enough to work these things out for themselves, so the note is to appease VM/Tivo. Judging by your post, you seem to have the same view as VM/Tivo on customer intelligence. What a surprise.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 10:52
|
#235
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960
Spot on den,as for the TiVo update well i am very happy now with my TiVo box VM have done what they said they would do re - reminders,and also its much easier now to search the music on demand listings. 
|
Precisely. There is more right with Tivo than wrong with it; and there's enough wrong with it 
---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
Thats why i posted the info on how to use the ignore function. It means you don't have to see posts from those you think are biased or are spamming a thread.
|
Of course, some people simply have different opinions; which is neither bias nor spamming
I really wish some people would read what I actually write and not what I don't; or what they think I mean.
For the record, I have never written anything about reminders other than my opinion (note not bias or spamming!) - and one shared by others - that, with three tuners available - reminders are somewhat redundant.
I have also never actually stated an opinion either way on the current implementation of reminders. So why some people seem to think I have (and now "ignore" me for it) I really don't know
For the record, you should indeed be able to set reminders by default (however pointless and against the spirit of Tivo that is) and you should be able to set existing SLs to remind as well. But I'm sure they'll fix both of these over-sights at some point.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 11:03
|
#236
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,588
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
It would be good if all recorded reminders were lumped in a folder called 'Recorded Reminders' or something similar, then cleaning up after a mamoth reminder fest could (if you've watched them all) be a one button press feature in My Shows. That would be a compromise I'd be more than happy with.
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 11:23
|
#237
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
It would be good if all recorded reminders were lumped in a folder called 'Recorded Reminders' or something similar, then cleaning up after a mamoth reminder fest could (if you've watched them all) be a one button press feature in My Shows. That would be a compromise I'd be more than happy with.
Cheers
Grim
|
This is a good idea, FWIW.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 11:27
|
#238
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
It would be good if all recorded reminders were lumped in a folder called 'Recorded Reminders' or something similar, then cleaning up after a mamoth reminder fest could (if you've watched them all) be a one button press feature in My Shows. That would be a compromise I'd be more than happy with.
Cheers
Grim
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m
This is a good idea, FWIW.
|
Agreed.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 11:40
|
#239
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth
It would be good if all recorded reminders were lumped in a folder called 'Recorded Reminders' or something similar, then cleaning up after a mamoth reminder fest could (if you've watched them all) be a one button press feature in My Shows. That would be a compromise I'd be more than happy with.
|
But I thought the idea of the reminder was that you sit down there-and-then to watch the show, then delete it!
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 12:00
|
#240
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
But I thought the idea of the reminder was that you sit down there-and-then to watch the show, then delete it! 
|
In a perfect world, yes. I occasionally forget to delete standard series link shows that I've just watched but don't want to keep.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32.
|