TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
17-08-2012, 21:07
|
#211
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Exactly. VM users are used to having to keep and eye on free disc space and delete when necessary, because that's what you had to do on V+.
|
Except TiVo isn't the V+HD. Continually comparing the two has got extremely old.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 21:10
|
#212
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I think pb's point was that people aren't changing the way they do things now that they have a more intelligent system available to them. ie They are trying to make their Tivo into a V+.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 21:21
|
#213
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Except TiVo isn't the V+HD. Continually comparing the two has got extremely old.
|
To write off everything in an older piece of equipment, is not wise. As has been pointed out, tivo is the only common PVR that has auto delete. Doesn't that tell you something?
Anyone would think we are asking for KUID to be made the default and unchangeable. We're not; we just want it to be an option in recording defaults; an option that is freely available to set for individual recordings.
---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
ie They are trying to make their Tivo into a V+.
|
Absolute rubbish.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 21:54
|
#214
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
Absolute rubbish.
|
Really?
"We want reminders"
"We want to decide when to delete stuff"
Sound like a V+ to me
(Please note the smiley  )
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 01:04
|
#215
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Look Carl the problem with you is that you won't let anyone else say anything a bad thing about TiVo. And because of that I don't ever trust your opinion because it just isn't balanced.
PassingBat I would imagine on the whole likes the TiVo box which is why he has one but he's totally entitled to his opinion and how he wants to operate the box. I don't like the way you are trying to make people who are simply asking for free choice into some sort of group that are stuck in the past. And that is what you are trying to do. But why undermine him or me for that matter as I agree with him. Maybe there is some insecurity you feel about TiVo?
I want to decide when things get deleted because when I don't, things get deleted that I don't want to be deleted. What's the problem with that?
If TiVo is such the great time saver that you claim, tell me how long it will take you to put a reminder for each programme on a series link, something that has just become available. It will take a ridiculous amount of time.
And that's the point Carl. For as good as TiVo is there are things about it that are bloody infuriating, and no preset KUID is one of those things to me and a few other people on here.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 01:56
|
#216
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North-West Kent
Services: VIP
Posts: 2,887
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
We're going round in circles here, and I nearly didn't get involved, but I can't let Carl take all the bashing for this alone because he very definitely isn't alone on his views on this issue. Set TiVo to record a show and it will change the channel and record the show. Set a TiVo reminder and it will change the channel and record the show. If this really is the only way that this feature could be implemented as Ben has said then it is utterly utterly pointless and Virgin should have said so rather than pander to people who quite clearly would have been happy with just a bigger hard drive in their v+.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 02:18
|
#217
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brizzle
Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 359
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
I agree we're going around in circles on some issues.
I do find the reminders quite useful now they're there and I have been using them. I just wish they could be set in bulk on things already in the planner! It's all this going in individually on recordings that gets my goat. I want things to be as few clicks as possible. Maybe I'm too demanding?
I often get the feeling with VM that things are brought in to help
people but just not thought about as fully as they could be.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 06:53
|
#218
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Epsom
Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
Posts: 227
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Reminders are here (implemented in the only way possible, apparently) and yet those who wanted the functionality are still complaining.
|
Because the "functionality" people wanted still hasnt been implemented!
I find it astonishing the Tivo apparently cant do what the V+ could so simply do, whatever the technical reasons
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 07:02
|
#219
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Wow, you even have the temerity to tell people when to watch their recorded programs.  Unbelievable!
|
 There is an ignore function that i find removes the spam of a certain poster nicely
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 07:43
|
#220
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo
Look Carl the problem with you is that you won't let anyone else say anything a bad thing about TiVo.
|
Complete and utter nonsense, of course, but you're welcome to your opinion.
Quote:
|
PassingBat I would imagine on the whole likes the TiVo box which is why he has one but he's totally entitled to his opinion and how he wants to operate the box.
|
And please show me where I have ever said otherwise? (Links to posts, please.)
Quote:
|
I want to decide when things get deleted because when I don't, things get deleted that I don't want to be deleted. What's the problem with that?
|
Nothing at all. And, again, no-one has ever said otherwise.
So set the things you don't want deleted to KUID but, if you do that, be prepared for problems; as others, not just me, have stated.
Quote:
|
If TiVo is such the great time saver that you claim...
|
It is. It saves you 15 mins per hour when watching something with ads.
Quote:
|
And that's the point Carl. For as good as TiVo is there are things about it that are bloody infuriating...
|
And you won't ever find me saying otherwise.
---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
 There is an ignore function that i find removes the spam of a certain poster nicely 
|
If you are going to ignore me then please do it properly otherwise you only get one side of the conversation, which you did there; and harry was completely WRONG; which you would know if you had seen my original comment.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 08:28
|
#221
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
 There is an ignore function that i find removes the spam of a certain poster nicely 
|
Cool, how would I go about doing that please?
Scratch that, managed to find the required pages. Carl, consider yourself ignored (no hardship for you I am sure). Please feel free to do the same!!!
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 08:53
|
#222
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Cool, how would I go about doing that please?
|
Left click on the name of the poster you want to ignore, use one of there posts.
Select view public profile
Click on user lists just below there avatar
Click on add to ignore
---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
Cool, how would I go about doing that please?
Scratch that, managed to find the required pages. Carl, consider yourself ignored (no hardship for you I am sure). Please feel free to do the same!!!
|
I can see that function being used more and more
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:20
|
#223
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Deepest pits of Hell
Age: 42
Posts: 4,964
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Oh ffs, why does every topic on here always descend into a bitch fest and name calling? It's getting so bad here, I'm considering deleting my account. Which wouldn't upset most of you I'm sure.
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:42
|
#224
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984
Oh ffs, why does every topic on here always descend into a bitch fest and name calling? It's getting so bad here, I'm considering deleting my account. Which wouldn't upset most of you I'm sure.
|
Yes it would be nice if people remained more civil in their discussions and of course there is always the ignore button if they don't like seeing certain peoples posts and Mark l suspect there are more on this forum that like your posts then there is not.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
18-08-2012, 09:47
|
#225
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Yes it would be nice if people remained more civil in their discussions and of course there is always the ignore button if they don't like seeing certain peoples posts and Mark l suspect there are more on this forum that like your posts then there is not.
|
Spot on den,as for the TiVo update well i am very happy now with my TiVo box VM have done what they said they would do re - reminders,and also its much easier now to search the music on demand listings.
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:44.
|