TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
17-08-2012, 17:25
|
#181
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
(even though a change channel at start option would be nicer) 
|
It does change channel at the start
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 17:31
|
#182
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
It does change channel at the start
|
Oh, Well I will stand corrected. Have not got that far with them yet    Can't seem to find a smilie for someone crawling into a hole and hiding
Embarrassed much
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:08
|
#183
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
At what stage was this ever mentioned?
|
I mentioned it off the back of his comment that the system was "far from perfect". Well, the first time you miss the reminder you will be thankful for this "less than perfect" system.
---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
It does change channel at the start
|
As do all recordings. See? Redundant
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:10
|
#184
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Epsom
Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
Posts: 227
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
And the first time you aren't in front of the TV and so miss the reminder in the time you'll be thanking VM for recording it as well 
|
Very true Carl. I set a remind for the local news tonight. Went upstairs and forgot about it. But thank God its record so will set down next week and watch it
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:11
|
#185
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Or later tonight even
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:12
|
#186
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Epsom
Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
Posts: 227
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I mentioned it off the back of his comment that the system was "far from perfect". Well, the first time you miss the reminder you will be thankful for this "less than perfect" system.
---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------
As do all recordings. See? Redundant 
|
Well it is "far from perfect". It would be "perfect" for me if it met 'my requirements' not yours.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:36
|
#187
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
I mentioned it off the back of his comment that the system was "far from perfect". Well, the first time you miss the reminder you will be thankful for this "less than perfect" system.
Again, that was not mentioned in the original statement. You just ignored it and said what you want
---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------
As do all recordings. See? Redundant 
|
I will ignore this clear baiting.
RE: "Well, the first time you miss the reminder you will be thankful for this "less than perfect" sysytem.
Carl, please read my post again. Its very rude that you just ignore the bulk of my post. Mainly the part where I agree with record and remind function. The part in brackets being more relevant now.
" I think, if you actually took the time to read other peoples posts (rather than just blurt out random, irrelevant opinions) you will find that, whilst I do not find reminders are perfect I am happy to have them back. This includes the remind and record option (even though a change channel at start option would be nicer)"
I have made it bold, itallic and also underlined so its easier to see!!!!
Cheers
---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Or later tonight even 
|
Wow, you even have the temerity to tell people when to watch their recorded programs.  Unbelievable!
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:48
|
#188
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoareyou
Well it is "far from perfect". It would be "perfect" for me if it met 'my requirements' not yours.
|
Which would we what? Remind and change channel? Well, it does that, doesn't it? Seeing as it needs a tuner anyway, for you to watch the show, why not have recorded anyway, just in case?
Of course, if you're going to do that then the reminder itself does become a little redundant as you're sat in front of the TV anyway so could just watch the recording as it starts 
---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch
I will ignore this clear baiting.
|
Well if you'd rather not discuss it then that kinda defeats the object of posting on a message/discussion board such as this, doesn't it?
Quote:
|
Its very rude that you just ignore the bulk of my post.
|
I only tend to quote back the bits of a post I want to reply to. If nothing else it makes posts shorter and easier to read.
I hate it when people quote back whole posts then just add "me too" at the bottom. (Okay, an extreme example I know, but you see my point I hope.)
Quote:
Wow, you even have the temerity to tell people when to watch their recorded programs. Unbelievable!
|
Erm... no. . "Whoareyou" made a very sarcastic remark (hence the "  ") which I answered in a similar vein.
You really need to work on your English comprehension and/or forum etiquette.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:49
|
#189
|
|
Woke and proud !
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 10,251
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Well I've been 'updated'. Can only tell because TIVO Commander no longer works - apart from that diddly squat difference. Same poor SD picture quality and same crappy iPlayer app. Vm always were better at making things not work than work.
As for reminders - they're pointless if you have TiVo. Waste of time and effort that should have been directed at other things.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 18:53
|
#190
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 59
Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
Posts: 3,722
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
[QUOTE=Mr K;35464289] Same poor SD picture quality...[/quote
Of course it's a subjective point but I am quite happy with the SD PQ. (Except on 5* but that's the broadcaster's fault and not VMs  )
Quote:
|
and same crappy iPlayer app. Vm always were better at making things not work than work.
|
And, again, the iPlayer app is the BBC's and not VMs
So you're 0 for 2 so far. Care to try again
Quote:
|
As for reminders - they're pointless if you have TiVo. Waste of time and effort that should have been directed at other things.
|

|
|
|
17-08-2012, 19:02
|
#191
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K
As for reminders - they're pointless if you have TiVo. Waste of time and effort that should have been directed at other things.
|
Oh dear not another one who seems self obsessed with moaning about reminders.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 19:05
|
#192
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,588
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Which would we what? Remind and change channel? Well, it does that, doesn't it? Seeing as it needs a tuner anyway, for you to watch the show, why not have recorded anyway, just in case?
Of course, if you're going to do that then the reminder itself does become a little redundant as you're sat in front of the TV anyway so could just watch the recording as it starts 
|
OK, I understand the arguement of 'if you've got three recordings planned then the reminder won't work', but surely that would be the case regardless of whether the reminded prog is to be recorded or not. I think an option to just change the channel without recording could have been offered alongside recording.
I spent today at home, and enjoyed the new feature of being able to set various reminders to give me some background company, but then I've just had to waste my precious time deleting all the unwanted recordings - mainly because as the Tivo is approx 85% full and default setting on 'normal' recordings is not keep until I delete the Tivo will delete my older wanted recordings off it's own back before my unwanted reminder recordings. So Tivo is not saving me the one thing I never have enough of - time. How can this situation be a step forward Carl?
Cheers
Grim
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 19:08
|
#193
|
|
Woke and proud !
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Posts: 10,251
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone
Oh dear not another one who seems self obsessed with moaning about reminders. 
|
Just can't see the point when the 'philosophy' of TiVo is to watch what you want when you want - making schedules irrelevant. Each to their own i suppose, I never used them on V+ either... However it's disappointing if providing this gimmick has held up other much needed improvements.
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 19:10
|
#194
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cambs
Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
Posts: 1,094
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring
Which would we what? Remind and change channel? Well, it does that, doesn't it? Seeing as it needs a tuner anyway, for you to watch the show, why not have recorded anyway, just in case?
Of course, if you're going to do that then the reminder itself does become a little redundant as you're sat in front of the TV anyway so could just watch the recording as it starts 
---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------
Well if you'd rather not discuss it then that kinda defeats the object of posting on a message/discussion board such as this, doesn't it?
I only tend to quote back the bits of a post I want to reply to. If nothing else it makes posts shorter and easier to read.
I hate it when people quote back whole posts then just add "me too" at the bottom. (Okay, an extreme example I know, but you see my point I hope.)
Erm... no. . "Whoareyou" made a very sarcastic remark (hence the "  ") which I answered in a similar vein.
You really need to work on your English comprehension and/or forum etiquette.
|
Yawn. I will reply to this one and leave it at that. I will welcome your comments though.
Point 1 LOL. I some what flippantly asked you to prove a statement. You ignored it. So I refer your point back to you. Prove reminders are redundant!!!
Point 2 You completely ignored the fact that I agree with remind and record and tried to imply I did not on two separate occasions. You simply choose to highlight points to incite baiting. (Shame on me for joining in) The second line I simply don't agree with. Do you see what I did there? I acknowledged what you wrote. Try it one day, you might like it.
Point 3 - You are right, I did not look at his smilies properly. And once again, you try the baiting. I am happy with my understand of English, thanks for the advice though. As for etiquette, have a word with whoever designed or allowed the WTF smilie on the site.
I welcome your reply (it's clear you like to have the final word on EVERYTHING), but I am moving on from this.
Mods, if this crosses a line I apologize on advance!
|
|
|
17-08-2012, 19:11
|
#195
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: TiVo Update Coming! 13-24th August - Just got a message on my box
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K
Just can't see the point when the 'philosophy' of TiVo is to watch what you want when you want - making schedules irrelevant. Each to their own i suppose, I never used them on V+ either... However it's disappointing if providing this gimmick has held up other much needed improvements.
|
What gives you the impression that other developments have been held up because of the implementation of remimders Mr K?.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:50.
|