Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Potential move to BT Infinity...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Potential move to BT Infinity...
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47   #16
Wallace
Inactive
 
Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Manchester
Services: VM 200M
Posts: 144
Wallace is on a distinguished roadWallace is on a distinguished road
Re: Potential move to BT Infinity...

Well, you can see from my sig. I have stayed with VM and upgraded my BB from 10M to 60M.

I have checked the potential speed in my area from a neighbour, they get about 22M with BT Infinity.

I know I could get that free, but I would still have to pay for telephone line rental.

The deal I got from VM was very good IMHO. £28, free local/national calls weekdays after 7PM and all weekends, caller display and 60M BB free SH.

I reckon I am paying about £10 for the privilege over what I would be paying for 'free' BT Infinity.

Also the hassle of changing was a worry for me. Even as a staff member it would have been a nightmare. Especially as I don't already have a BT land line.

I hope the 60M will be as reliable as the 10M has. So far so good.
__________________
VM Cable BB XL 200M (SuperHub 2ac in MODEM mode)
ASUS RT-AC88U
AirPort Express
QNAP TVS-471 NAS (4x3TB WD REDS)
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 14:11   #17
Sephiroth
Wisdom & truth
 
Sephiroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Potential move to BT Infinity...

As you know, I've got both Infinity & VM50. I keep them both so that I'm never without, but occasionally I switch to Infinity if the boy complains about games lag.

Despite the high upload speed on Infinity, I prefer the VM service for no explainable reason.

If your neighbour only gets 22 Meg on Infinity, then it's the old copper to the cabinet distance thing intertwined with the generated or inserted noise. So, on the face of things, you have made the right choice. You did with the Airport Express and Airport Extreme (like I've got)!

Hope it keeps well for you.
__________________
Seph.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:31.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum