10-08-2012, 21:36
|
#16
|
|
a giant headend
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,169
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
I dont think the iPhone 4 is capable of much more than 20ish. Heck the new iPad maxes out at 35meg on the same single band Asus RT-N16
|
|
|
11-08-2012, 11:37
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Manchester
Services: VM 200M
Posts: 144
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
When I use the speedtest.net app on my iPhone4s, it gives me a d/l speed of 31M. The same test on my hard wired PC gives 61M.
I am using SH in MODEM only mode. WiFi + Ethernet are dealt with by my Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station & AirPort Express.
|
|
|
11-08-2012, 12:54
|
#18
|
|
Wisdom & truth
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Although I'm on 50 meg currently, with Airport Extreme and Airport Express I get a DL speed on the iphone 4 of between 18 & 25 meg - usually at the lower end. The iPad on 5 GHz does 35 meg.
Similarly on my ASUS N56RT hooked up to BT Infinity.
Wireless Upload on VM is always 5 meg and 10 meg on Infinity.
__________________
Seph.
My advice is at your risk.
|
|
|
11-08-2012, 13:48
|
#19
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
iPhone 4 (wireless connection) - 25M
[SEPH]: That's above average based on my experience
|
Are iPhones really that crap?
---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie
I dont think the iPhone 4 is capable of much more than 20ish. Heck the new iPad maxes out at 35meg on the same single band Asus RT-N16
|
Wow. Android phones from 2009 managed that... Using flash too.
|
|
|
11-08-2012, 13:54
|
#20
|
|
Wisdom & truth
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Glad your's is bigger than mine, Qasi!
__________________
Seph.
My advice is at your risk.
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 03:54
|
#21
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
I'm just surprised. I'd expect more from a phone that has the same wireless chip as another 3 year old device that does ~40.
Course you could blame the Superhub but if a laptop with the same speed rating does double that then that points the finger at the iPhone...
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 08:18
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Manchester
Services: VM 200M
Posts: 144
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
I was gob-smacked when I got my 4s and it didn't have 5GHz WiFi. I really hope the new model has it.
According to the AirPort utility (for Apple Extreme/Express), my connection speed is a rock solid 65M. Throughput is much lower (as you would expect) at 35'ish Meg.
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 08:30
|
#23
|
|
Wisdom & truth
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: RG41
Services: RG41: 1Gig VOLT
Rutland: Gigaclear 400/400
Posts: 13,205
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Hi Wallace
I've looked at my Airport Utility and must have missed the function that tells me what the AE thinks my connection speed to be.
Would you mind telling me in which menu I can find that function? I mmust be doing something wrong.
Thanks
__________________
Seph.
My advice is at your risk.
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 12:35
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Manchester
Services: VM 200M
Posts: 144
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Sorry for the delayed reply. I was shopping in Tesco's when I got the email!
You can use either the Airport Utility on the PC or the app on the iPhone.
PC:
Start the Airport Utility as normal. In the left hand side (LHS) box, double click on the device you want to 'look at'. In may case I have two. An Extreme and an Express. On the summary screen about half way down you should see a line that says Wireless Clients followed by a number. If the number is 0 (zero) the obviously you are not connected via WiFi to that particular device. However, if you left click on the words 'Wireless Clients', it will show you who is connected, speed, noise levels etc.
iPhone App:
Fire up the app. The front page will give you a pictorial overview of your devices. Again for me it shows both my Extreme and Express.
Tap on one. If you are connected to that device, you will see a line 'Wireless Clients and a number. Tap on the wording again and it will list the MAC address of the connected device/devices. Tap again on the MAC address and it gives connection details and quality etc.
HTH.
__________________
VM Cable BB XL 200M (SuperHub 2ac in MODEM mode)
ASUS RT-AC88U
AirPort Express
QNAP TVS-471 NAS (4x3TB WD REDS)
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 12:50
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belfast, N.I.
Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Posts: 499
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
No, iPhone would have 72M limit and should do 40-50 in practice
|
In practice all iOS devices wifi speeds suck along with very unstable latency. I would say on average 10 from an iPod touch, 20 from an iPhone and 30 from an iPad.
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 15:04
|
#26
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Oh well, in that case I wouldn't put much weight on the iPhone results then and just go by the laptop one
|
|
|
12-08-2012, 22:52
|
#27
|
|
Ice Cold
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Yorkshire
Age: 48
Services: XL TV
M Phone
1000MB BB
Posts: 1,573
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Does the HTC one x support the 5ghz range? my wife has one but not sure if its connecting automatically to the 5ghz band I have an asus RTn56u but dont see her phone go any quicker than mine say 20/25meg
|
|
|
13-08-2012, 00:46
|
#28
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
Yes it does and there is no way on the device itself to prefer one band over the other. Yet.
There is an option on the US-based version so perhaps a future firmware update will allow this.
Also 5Ghz does not inherently give any more speed than 2.4Ghz
|
|
|
13-08-2012, 06:15
|
#29
|
|
Rafalution
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 5,345
|
Re: Superhub speeds on 100M
105/9.8 on the Desktop (Ethernet)
40-60 on the laptop, varies (Wireless)
6-12ish on the following - HTC Desire HD, HTC Aria and the HTC sensation XL
Not really sure if I should be getting more out of those phones?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54.
|