Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | On Demand Not Working

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

On Demand Not Working
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22   #1
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point
On Demand Not Working

The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.

I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
thekitkatshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31   #2
muppetman11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: On Demand Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.

I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
For someone to help , what box is it happening on and do you get any error codes ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40   #3
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: On Demand Not Working

It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.

I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
thekitkatshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:42   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: On Demand Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.

I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
It's a known fault according to the Official forum. Try a full reboot and if that doesn't fix it, then you are part of that issue I guess.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43   #5
muppetman11
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: On Demand Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
It's a TiVo box (as per the thread title ) and no error messages, just dumps me back to the previous option screen or the home screen.

I've seen people on the Virgin Community forum reporting similar issues, but no solution seemed to be forthcoming, other than the admin people saying they were looking into it.
Doh missed that
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03   #6
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: On Demand Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's a known fault according to the Official forum. Try a full reboot and if that doesn't fix it, then you are part of that issue I guess.
OK, well that sucks, but thanks.

I'll give them a call to see if they can sort it out and if not then I assume I'll also be part of that known cash refund issue.
thekitkatshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:26   #7
markie1966
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Services: 30mb bb.. xl tv.. xl phone
Posts: 88
markie1966 is on a distinguished roadmarkie1966 is on a distinguished road
Re: On Demand Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
The last few days I've been having a problem accessing On Demand. It lets me search for the programme I want and it lets me click through the watch on demand menu, but when I click Watch Now it just takes me back to the home screen.

I've tried rebooting the box but it still does it. Anyone have a fix for this or am I going to need to give Virgin a call?
same here but it does seem to be working with my v+ box

someone else suggested trying to access iplayer thru the "apps" on the official forums and i tried it and it works for me
markie1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 11:59   #8
jamesjimbo123
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
jamesjimbo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: On Demand Not Working

Tivo box on demand keeps freezing. Ihave had 3 engineers , a replacement box, an adjustment to my signal strength (told i was getting too strong a signal as virgin cabinet too close to my house)- Had an engineer out this am who advised me that it is a national problem which they are working on, however can't say when it will be fixed. Does anyone know if compensation is going to be forthcoming ?
jamesjimbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:50.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum