Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I Cannot believe it - don't people know what today is

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I Cannot believe it - don't people know what today is
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2011, 20:31   #16
Kymmy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: I Cannot believe it - don't people know what today is

Personally I hold to the two minutes silence on 11/11 as that is the anniversary of the Armistice that ended WW1 and that's when we always honored it as kids in South Africa.

Most ex-service people I know hold to one or the other but not both.. especially as it was only in 1995 that for some weird reason on the 50th year of the end of WW2 it suddenly became important to honour both days..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2011, 20:39   #17
LSainsbury
Guest
 
Location: Near Hungerford, West Berkshire
Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Posts: n/a
Re: I Cannot believe it - don't people know what today is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuftus View Post
I must admit, whilst watching the TV earlier. I was wondering if a certain Charlie was also watching the telly in his warm prison cell discovering what the Cenotaph really was.
Did he go to prison in the end? It thought he got a small namby pamby community service thing?

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Just TWO MINUTES, to stand pay there respect to the fallen, thats all it is.

I know Arthur...

I was standing whislt ironing this morning at 11....does that count?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 20:46   #18
alferret
Inactive
 
alferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Age: 60
Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
Posts: 5,532
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy:35329781
Personally I hold to the two minutes silence on 11/11 as that is the anniversary of the Armistice that ended WW1
+1
11/11 is the day I take time to remember those that fell.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 21:15   #19
Hom3r
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
 
Hom3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: I Cannot believe it - don't people know what today is

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
So do we have to do a 4mins silence?
Does it matter how long?

Those that have given their lives for our country will be silent for longer than 4 minutes

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

My family always stand in silence on 11/11 and the remebrace sunday.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:07.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum