Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
18-10-2011, 17:52
|
#1
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
Quote:
|
A video of a toddler being ignored after she was run over by two vans has prompted soul-searching in China over why people failed to help her.
|
There is a video which has this warning (which you don't have to play), I saw it and have tears in my eyes.
:: Warning: This video contains graphic images of the girl's injuries.
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16091304
---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------
To say I'm angry is a major understatement.
I hope the people who ingnored this little girl are punished.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 17:58
|
#2
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,099
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
There is a video which has this warning (which you don't have to play), I saw it and have tears in my eyes.
:: Warning: This video contains graphic images of the girl's injuries.
http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16091304
---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------
To say I'm angry is a major understatement.
I hope the people who ingnored this little girl are punished.
|
Saw this the other day, Words fail me and if i was to post what i would like to post i would be on an infraction instantly
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:01
|
#3
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
|
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:06
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Yes, seen it.
No, not surprised. I read that one person, who brought someone they found ill in the street to a hospital, was made to pay some of the hospital expenses.
So, in a society like that, not surprised. We breed hard hearts (governments), then surprised that it is that way.
it is a sad world, don't think it will get any better
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:14
|
#5
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,323
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
I saw this the other night, wasn't sure if it would be viable to post the full vid on this site.
Really shocking, and really sad. I can't really put the words I want to say into text.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:17
|
#6
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
What has society come to?
This is awful.
Its sad to think people can ignore and leave another human being, especially a child like this.
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:17
|
#7
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cambridgeshire
Age: 64
Posts: 4,232
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Another reflection on China`s attitudes, even most of the Chinese people are shocked at how low their country has sunk regarding attitudes towards other peoples pain and suffering!
I read that a couple of people have helped in the same situation and ended up with massive compensation costs and allgations against them!
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:27
|
#8
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,021
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser
Another reflection on China`s attitudes, even most of the Chinese people are shocked at how low their country has sunk regarding attitudes towards other peoples pain and suffering!
I read that a couple of people have helped in the same situation and ended up with massive compensation costs and allgations against them! 
|
I don't think that is fair. It has, apparently, sparked a great uproar and self-questioning in China. Although they certainly have a questionable attitude towards women and their role in society they are not inhuman.
It's hard to know why no one stopped, I imagine it was a herd mentality as everyone else saw no one else helping and were overtaken by a selfish desire to avoid litigation as you mentioned.
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:32
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belfast, N.I.
Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Posts: 499
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
What has society come to?
This is awful.
Its sad to think people can ignore and leave another human being, especially a child like this.
|
Its not "society" its china, simple as.
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 18:33
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Very distressing to watch.
I actually think that these people are your typical deep rooted ones. the ones who haven't got a clue. they're the kind of ones who you see over here that haven't got a clue when it comes to driving. and haven't got a clue what they've done wrong.
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 19:20
|
#11
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
Could not watch it all . That is the sickest indictment of humanity I have ever seen.
|
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 19:30
|
#12
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit
Could not watch it all . That is the sickest indictment of humanity I have ever seen.
|
l will second that.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 19:38
|
#13
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cambridgeshire
Age: 64
Posts: 4,232
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passer-bys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
I don't think that is fair. It has, apparently, sparked a great uproar and self-questioning in China. Although they certainly have a questionable attitude towards women and their role in society they are not inhuman.
It's hard to know why no one stopped, I imagine it was a herd mentality as everyone else saw no one else helping and were overtaken by a selfish desire to avoid litigation as you mentioned.
|
I think most of what you said is what i was actually getting at. 
I didn`t say that they were inhuman did i?
You do know that in China, they leave newborn baby girls just in the gutter to die don`t you? 
I did`nt actually watch the link as i have a 7 year old Grand daughter and i`d find any kind of link like that distressing.
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 19:40
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
I don't think you can blame china, or its culture.
I've seen some shocking things in UK, not sure anyone can cast a stone against a country
|
|
|
18-10-2011, 19:45
|
#15
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,925
|
Re: Toddler run over and ignored by passers-by
i haven't even bothered opening the link, sounds way too distressing. theres been a bit on child trafficking/auctions/selling on tv lately so as inhumane as this sounds, it does not surprise me that this has now happened... bloody wake up call!!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55.
|