16-08-2011, 13:03
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 993
|
Genuine laptop chargers
Hi.
Can anyone point me in the direction of any genuine, genuine laptop charger sellers?
My Sony vaio charger has died and I have been sold 2 fakes by companies that had good ebay and online feedback. One of them was even in a news article warning buyers to beware of knock off chargers from china.
Thanks very much.
|
|
|
16-08-2011, 14:19
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Derby, UK
Posts: 63
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Try http://smart-parts.net/
They provide originals and third party versions of many laptop chargers.
We have had quite a few for the school I work for and they are relatively cheap.
|
|
|
16-08-2011, 14:37
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 993
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Thanks but having looked, the one I need is not labelled as Sony.
My fingers have been burned twice and I just want a direct replacement for the one that came in the box.
|
|
|
16-08-2011, 21:56
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doncaster, S. Yorks.
Age: 43
Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
Posts: 2,320
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
how about contacting Sony?
|
|
|
18-08-2011, 19:49
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 993
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Thanks but my laptop isn't listed there and I'm not paying £100!
|
|
|
18-08-2011, 20:12
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Winnersh UK
Services: , BBand 120M tier Superhub, O2 Mobile phone
Posts: 2,147
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGraw
Thanks but my laptop isn't listed there and I'm not paying £100!
|
Try Maplins for a charger which will be cheaper than a Sony.
|
|
|
18-08-2011, 21:26
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doncaster, S. Yorks.
Age: 43
Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
Posts: 2,320
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
The issue seems to be the OP wants an OEM charger without paying an OEM price tag.
Unfortunately being Sony, OEM parts are very expensive and the OP will no doubt either have to buy a non-OEM part cheaper, or stump up the £100+ for said Sony part
|
|
|
19-08-2011, 15:00
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Age: 53
Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
Posts: 2,849
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
This is the only one I use for replacement chargers, I've bought 3 different makes and they were identical to the one's I was replacing.
http://www.laptop-power.co.uk/laptop-chargers/
|
|
|
19-08-2011, 21:11
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,898
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Providing they've used decent components and it's to he correct spec then does it actually matter if it's a genuine Sony charger or not?
|
|
|
21-08-2011, 12:08
|
#11
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 11,207
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
All the batteries I've ever bought off eBay were perfectly fine. Far cheaper than the manufacturer originals and often better performing.
|
|
|
21-08-2011, 18:34
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: M'boro
Age: 70
Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Posts: 1,818
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq
All the batteries I've ever bought off eBay were perfectly fine. Far cheaper than the manufacturer originals and often better performing.
|
me too,  including archos and mobile phone batteries
|
|
|
22-08-2011, 20:28
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Manchester
Posts: 993
|
Re: Genuine laptop chargers
Thanks a lot. Will investigate.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:04.
|