Another reason we love our Macs
31-07-2011, 14:37
|
#16
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
I think that it is a good free service and very easy to use regardless of device as my Nokia N8 connects without any issue and the thread is tongue in cheek but also lets others know the service is available.
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 15:09
|
#17
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,581
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
These days I'd hope any wifi-enabled device on any OS, whether desktop or mobile, would effortlessly connect to a hotspot when available.
I think the point is, OSX seems to have been able to do it effortlessly for a lot longer than anything else, hence two whole pages of instructions to cover all eventualities in two versions of windows, versus half a page for all iterations of OSX, of which IIRC there were 5, or maybe 6, at the time Windows Vista was MS' most up-to-date OS.
Anyways, it's all a bit of fun, those of us with Macs don't really need to post threads to vindicate our choice. We know we're superior.
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 15:13
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
These days I'd hope any wifi-enabled device on any OS, whether desktop or mobile, would effortlessly connect to a hotspot when available.
I think the point is, OSX seems to have been able to do it effortlessly for a lot longer than anything else, hence two whole pages of instructions to cover all eventualities in two versions of windows, versus half a page for all iterations of OSX, of which IIRC there were 5, or maybe 6, at the time Windows Vista was MS' most up-to-date OS.
Anyways, it's all a bit of fun, those of us with Macs don't really need to post threads to vindicate our choice. We know we're superior. 
|
<admin edit>
i think russ mentioned this..so true
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 15:33
|
#19
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
They do make very nice hardware though.
|
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 15:51
|
#20
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Anyways, it's all a bit of fun, those of us with Macs don't really need to post threads to vindicate our choice. We know we're superior. 
|
Yes just a laugh that's all
|
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 15:52
|
#21
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,581
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25
<admin edit>
i think russ mentioned this..so true 
|
While I appreciate the humour, that really isn't an appropriate link for a family forum. There are young children looking over my shoulders while I surf the web on a Sunday afternoon and I don't expect I'm the only one.
Russ managed to mention it without linking.
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:26
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
While I appreciate the humour, that really isn't an appropriate link for a family forum. There are young children looking over my shoulders while I surf the web on a Sunday afternoon and I don't expect I'm the only one.
Russ managed to mention it without linking. 
|
Sorry, and point taken.
Though one wonders why kids would be here.....(Colin wonders)
[Scene opens to a family sitting around a table]
"daddy", says the son, "Can I chat on cable forum with you pleaseeeeeee", using his especially whining voice
Father:"Son, if you do all your homework..and are especially good, then yes, you can come on with me..but just to watch", he says sanctimoniously
Daughter shouts " Get stuf@*%", mother, recoiling in shock"OMG, where did you learn that word!"
Daughter, 13 and precocious:"I was on cable forum last night...that handsome and cute Colin25 used that word, why, is it a bad word?"
Mother:"OMG yes", as always , using her favourite word from big brother. "That is the type of language you would normally learn in the playground...we don't use those words ", saying it in the usually socially dysfunctual way she has
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:29
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Anyways, it's all a bit of fun, those of us with Macs don't really need to post threads to vindicate our choice. We know we're superior. 
|
I suppose that's one way of justifying the exorbitant price you paid
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:37
|
#24
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I won't link to it for obvious reasons but my response to that is what Maddox says about "what PC owners can do that Mac owners can't".[COLOR="Silver"]
|
Oh Russ,
when I read that I had no idea what you meant but now I have seen it from another contributor to this thread I am surprised a moderator who is responsible for Forum decorum, you would do such a thing
The site is disgusting and foulmouthed and to suggest such a thing is no credit to you at all, as a man or as a Forum moderator, if you have children and a family you should be ashamed of yourself
|
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:39
|
#25
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25
Daughter shouts " Get stuf@*%", mother, recoiling in shock"OMG, where did you learn that word!"
|
Learning "get stuffed" at 13? Half the kids have kids at 13.
|
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:40
|
#26
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25
Sorry, and point taken.
Though one wonders why kids would be here.....(Colin wonders)
[Scene opens to a family sitting around a table]
"daddy", says the son, "Can I chat on cable forum with you pleaseeeeeee", using his especially whining voice
Father:"Son, if you do all your homework..and are especially good, then yes, you can come on with me..but just to watch", he says sanctimoniously
Daughter shouts " Get stuf@*%", mother, recoiling in shock"OMG, where did you learn that word!"
Daughter, 13 and precocious:"I was on cable forum last night...that handsome and cute Colin25 used that word, why, is it a bad word?"
Mother:"OMG yes", as always , using her favourite word from big brother. "That is the type of language you would normally learn in the playground...we don't use those words ", saying it in the usually socially dysfunctual way she has
|
Colin
Most of don't live in your world
|
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:41
|
#27
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoliver
Oh Russ,
when I read that I had no idea what you meant but now I have seen it from another contributor to this thread I am surprised a moderator who is responsible for Forum decorum, you would do such a thing
The site is disgusting and foulmouthed and to suggest such a thing is no credit to you at all, as a man or as a Forum moderator, if you have children and a family you should be ashamed of yourself
|
Nowt wrong with Maddox. Always a good read...
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:43
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoliver
Oh Russ,
when I read that I had no idea what you meant but now I have seen it from another contributor to this thread I am surprised a moderator who is responsible for Forum decorum, you would do such a thing
The site is disgusting and foulmouthed and to suggest such a thing is no credit to you at all, as a man or as a Forum moderator, if you have children and a family you should be ashamed of yourself
|
It wasn't Russ,..but me..he refrained, I posted
So Blame me...and no, I wasn't forced to post it...I don't blame anyone else..and if you consider that hanging is the only solution...give me a trial...I'll accept the consequences
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:44
|
#29
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,581
|
Re: Another reason we love our Macs
Can we move on, please ...
|
|
|
31-07-2011, 16:44
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Another reason we love our Mac's
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoliver
Colin
Most of don't live in your world
|
Actually, you do..unless you live on Venus..or some other such world
Doh!
Oh wait...in...ok..point taken..we live on
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:53.
|