26-07-2011, 19:43
|
#1
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cambridgeshire
Age: 64
Posts: 4,232
|
ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Anyone else had a problem with RMAing an item back to ARIA?
I`ve sent some Ram back because the clients PC was randomly freezing and i`ve changed the Hard drive to no avail, the Ram was tested with Memtest 4.2 and gave me 89 errors over a 4.5 hour period so i RMA`d it.
ARIA rejected the Ram because they say that after multiple passes with the same software, they can find no problem.!
The Ram was part of a 2 stick kit of 2x2Gig DDR3.
One stick passed Memtest in all 4 Ram slots and the other stick Failed in all 4 Ram slots! How could it be rejected for that. I`ll try and post some screen shots.
Cheers.
Excuse the Iphone photo`s!
Thanks.
|
|
|
26-07-2011, 20:13
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by budwieser
Anyone else had a problem with RMAing an item back to ARIA?
I`ve sent some Ram back because the clients PC was randomly freezing and i`ve changed the Hard drive to no avail, the Ram was tested with Memtest 4.2 and gave me 89 errors over a 4.5 hour period so i RMA`d it.
ARIA rejected the Ram because they say that after multiple passes with the same software, they can find no problem.!
The Ram was part of a 2 stick kit of 2x2Gig DDR3.
One stick passed Memtest in all 4 Ram slots and the other stick Failed in all 4 Ram slots! How could it be rejected for that. I`ll try and post some screen shots.
Cheers.
Excuse the Iphone photo`s!
Thanks.
|
It could be a fault on your clients motherboard. The combination of a weak stick and a mobo fault could be the cause. Though a distinct possibility is that they haven't even tested it or have tested it in another piece of software and just claimed that they used the same as you to avoid any comeback from you.
|
|
|
26-07-2011, 20:23
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cambridgeshire
Age: 64
Posts: 4,232
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte
It could be a fault on your clients motherboard. The combination of a weak stick and a mobo fault could be the cause. Though a distinct possibility is that they haven't even tested it or have tested it in another piece of software and just claimed that they used the same as you to avoid any comeback from you.
|
They`ve done the same thing before mate, I RMA`d a Mobo and gave them the spec of the PC and they rejected the RMA saying to me that they`d tried exactly the same cpu And Ram which i didn`t believe at the time.
I won`t be buying from them again after all these years of being a customer.  
Their customer service is second to everyone. 
My `Client` happens to be a work collegue who i get on very well with but this is causing something of a strain on our relationship. I`ve just bought another 4 Gig of Ram for his system out of my own pocket to keep him happy!
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 05:44
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: warrington
Age: 40
Posts: 1,641
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
The issue with Aria for me is 1 member of staff that works there now, who banned me from Overclockers.co.uk because I drove someone to the store with faulty hardware.
When I had 6 motherboards all go faulty within the space of a week from Aria, I took it to them each time and waited while they tested it but I also recorded the fault on my phone so they could see what happens.
If you get no luck with them then contact trading standards and then RMA the ram with the manufacturer, as that may be your only way of getting it exchanged as I have to do that with some thing's I bought from Overclockers.co.uk now.
Because of the treatment I recieved from Aria and Overclockers, I will now only use Scan for my hardware and Microdirect.
__________________
 7900X3D, 64Gb Corsair 6000Mhz, Gigabyte Aorus RTX 4080 Super, Samsung 980 Pro 2Tb NVME
Unraid Server, 130TB Supermicro CSE-846, AMD Epyc 7551P 32 Core, 64Gb ECC DDR4, nVidia RTX A2000
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 14:40
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Minas Tirith, Gondor
Age: 61
Posts: 3,458
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Not dealt with Aria for many years because I had to go to my Visa company to resolve an RMA dispute with them (they claimed my faulty GPU was working fine!). Also had problems with Microdirect RMA.
Doesn't help you, but now I only use Novatech as they have a store close to my work.
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 15:00
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dorset
Posts: 399
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Aria same company as overclockers.co.uk???
tried to return a item
but they refused even though i stated the distance selling regulations in email
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 18:27
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sunny Scunny, North Lincolnshire
Posts: 1,068
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
I also had no luck with them on RMA, unlike e-buyer.
|
|
|
27-07-2011, 18:32
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belfast, N.I.
Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Posts: 499
|
Re: ARIA.co.uk RMA`s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilie
Aria same company as overclockers.co.uk???
tried to return a item
but they refused even though i stated the distance selling regulations in email
|
They are not the same company but I have always had good experiences with ocuk
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:59.
|