07-06-2011, 17:14
|
#16
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,571
|
Re: A novice bread Maker..
I've never been able to get hand-made bread to rise as well as it does in the machine. I don't think I've ever had time to prove it twice though. I certainly don't these days that's for sure. While our b&b guests all love the fresh bread on the table in the morning, one or two of them seem surprised that it's not hand made. I have to point out that, much as I am dedicated to their comfort and enjoyment, it doesn't extend to kneading dough at 4am.
|
|
|
07-06-2011, 17:18
|
#17
|
|
Still alive and fighting
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 56,742
|
Re: A novice bread Maker..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I've never been able to get hand-made bread to rise as well as it does in the machine. I don't think I've ever had time to prove it twice though. I certainly don't these days that's for sure. While our b&b guests all love the fresh bread on the table in the morning, one or two of them seem surprised that it's not hand made. I have to point out that, much as I am dedicated to their comfort and enjoyment, it doesn't extend to kneading dough at 4am. 
|
No you must be on here at that time of the morning.  
|
|
|
07-06-2011, 17:45
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: A novice bread Maker..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I've never been able to get hand-made bread to rise as well as it does in the machine. I don't think I've ever had time to prove it twice though. I certainly don't these days that's for sure. While our b&b guests all love the fresh bread on the table in the morning, one or two of them seem surprised that it's not hand made. I have to point out that, much as I am dedicated to their comfort and enjoyment, it doesn't extend to kneading dough at 4am. 
|
I rarely use the breadmaker to bake the bread, but do use it all the time to knead and do the first rise of the dough
|
|
|
08-06-2011, 08:40
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Posts: 982
|
Re: A novice bread Maker..
Following recommendations on here, I bought the Panny SD-256 to replace a well-used Kenwood.
Working from home today, so had time to enjoy a lovely slice with butter and marmalade instead of rushing down cornflakes as usual. Mmmm
To to OP: You should have a handbook with the breadmaker which lists lots of recipes to get you going. Perhaps you could contact the manufacturer?
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:54.
|